Website Bristol Community College
Assistant Director, Grant Development
Department: Economic & Business Development
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Dec 21, 2021
Closes: Jan 21, 2022 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 140899
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director, Grant Development
DEPARTMENT: Office of Grant Development/Economic & Business Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Grant Development
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Assistant Director, Grant Development position is responsible for a variety of tasks related to grant development and grant writing. This position is also responsible for coordination of all documents required for grant proposals and the development of grant submission packages in collaboration with the Director of Grant Development. This position will examine the key elements that make up a grant proposal, including but not limited to the narrative or project description, statement of need, organizational overview, budget and supporting materials. The Assistant Director, Grant Development will work with multiple entities of the college in accomplishing their responsibilities, including but not limited to, Administration & Finance, Human Resources and Principal Investigators.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Write, edit, and manage grant proposals from concept to submission.
• Prepare documents such as but not limited to grant applications, grants, technical material, reports and charts, budgets, presentations, forms, and general correspondence.
• Provide research for grant proposals and reporting, including but not limited to data collection and surveys of literature from a variety of sources.
• Identify grant funding opportunities.
• Assist Director in organizing new college projects.
• Assist with the execution of Grant Development department goals.
• Receive or refer to requests for proposal/response; process documentation within designated timeframes to meet all requirements and deadlines.
• Research grant opportunities relevant to college programs and activities.
• Make recommendations relative to specific grants and/or assist departments with specific grant proposals.
• Prepare proposals and grant applications working with faculty, staff, and/or external consultants.
• Provide direction and training to expand the number of faculty and staff initiating and collaborating on the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals.
• Work with appropriate colleagues to identify and cultivate additional public and private funding sources to expand and diversify the college’s funding base.
• Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders.
• Provide prospective funders with supporting grant documentation as requested.
• Maintain proficient knowledge of the college’s history and programs.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in grant development, grant research, writing, editing, and/or budget development of state, federal, and private grants.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated experience working on federal, state, and private grant submissions and awards.
• Demonstrated experience researching funding opportunities for credit and non-credit programs.
• Demonstrated ability to schedule timelines around submission deadlines, as well as hold others accountable for those timelines.
• Experience with Alchemer, Argos, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, EMS Scheduling software, or other related platforms.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
• Experience developing future projected career pathways, with a focus on underserved populations.
• Understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity, and student success practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: Hiring salary $62,000 – $72,000, commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2730275
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.