Website Bristol Community College
Associate Vice President, Student Success
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jun 3, 2021
Closes: Jul 3, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 131822
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Associate Vice President, Student Success
DEPARTMENT: Student Services & Enrollment Management
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Student Services & Enrollment Management
AREAS SUPERVISED: Assigned staff in Student & Family Engagement, Career Services, Athletics & Recreation, Student Wellness (Counseling & Health Services), Office of Disability Services, Student Conduct, Academic Advising, TRIO, and other areas as assigned.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Associate Vice President, Student Success works directly with the Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment Management to provide strategic vision, leadership, and administrative direction to Bristol Community College’s initiatives related to, but not limited to, student enrollment, persistence, retention, student services, equity and inclusion, and student success. The Associate Vice President helps to facilitate a college culture that attracts, enrolls, and retains a culturally and socio-economically diverse community of students, faculty, and staff, and to advance the college’s mission and vision by facilitating student engagement and success. The Associate Vice President provides direct oversight and leadership to the following areas: Student & Family Engagement, Career Services, Athletics & Recreation, Student Wellness (Counseling & Health Services), Disability Services, Student Conduct, Academic Advising, TRIO, and other areas as assigned. The Associate Vice President provides support to other departments within the SSEM division and oversees all areas within SSEM in the Vice President’s absence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership in developing, enhancing, and implementing a wide variety of student services and delivering social, cultural, and wellness scaffolding to meet the diverse needs of credit and non-credit students at all Bristol Community College locations.
• Serve as a member of the SSEM Leadership Team, assisting the Vice President with strategic planning, budgeting, assessment, and overall leadership efforts to foster a culture of student-centeredness and accountability to the team and college.
• Be an advocate for students with stated concerns at the college, helping them navigate the institutional processes for their resolution.
• Serve as the college’s Student Conduct/Grievance Officer, fostering student development through the conduct and grievance processes and implementing best practices; collaborate with Academic Affairs to provide training and programming to students, faculty, and staff about best practices related to student conduct and behavior.
• Chair the college’s CARE Team, overseeing the process for all academic alerts, student funding requests, and referrals to college services.
• Champion the proactive advising model across the institution; implement recommendations from the Advising Task Force to provide equitable advising services to all students.
• Oversee student development and leadership initiatives; collaborate with the Student Senate and Student Trustee to represent and advocate for students at all Bristol locations.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive student retention plan, in collaboration with the Vice President and other key stakeholders across the college.
• Develop and manage budgets for all assigned areas; work closely with the Executive Director of Development and Director of Grant Development to secure appropriate outside sources of funding.
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies, procedures, and practices that promote student development, engagement, and success; oversee updates to the Student Handbook and College Catalog for SSEM areas.
• Lead efforts with faculty, staff, students, and community partners to close equity gaps and address the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda.
• Ensure compliance to state regulations and federal laws such as FERPA, ADA, Title IV, Title IX, and SEVIS.
• Hire, supervise, develop, and lead all assigned staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and expectations.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Collaborate with all areas of the college to achieve established student outcomes and foster an integrated student advocate and success model.
• Develop goals and student learning outcomes for each department; assist the Vice President with data collection and assessment to make informed decisions.
• Cultivate external relationships with community partners, businesses, K-12 schools, and other institutions of higher education.
• Serve on various college committees, councils, and task forces and serve as the Vice President’s designee as needed.
• Visit and actively engage all Bristol locations in order to encourage collaboration and goal oriented outcomes.
• Actively participate in community, state, and regional activities and organizations to promote and enhance the college’s effectiveness and brand.
• Use Bristol’s digital communication tools, to include but not limited to; Bristol email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other Bristol social media tools, to advance the college’s social media outreach and brand to internal and external constituents.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in higher education, student development, or related field.
• Demonstrated history of progressively responsible leadership and administrative experience, with at least five (5) years in a student affairs or student services position.
• Demonstrated effective, innovative leadership in a broad student life role with experience within the last three (3) years developing and implementing best and high-impact practices related to student engagement, persistence, retention, and graduation success.
• Demonstrated commitment to the community college mission and serving the needs of first generation and traditionally underrepresented/underserved students.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across divisions to build effective relationships and increase student enrollment, retention, and graduation rates.
• Ability to prepare and administer a significant and complex budget.
• Exceptional interpersonal and supervisory skills that attract, develop, manage, engage, retain, and advance a diverse, talented professional staff.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to listen and respect diverse points of view, build consensus, share information accurately, and build an environment of trust.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, apply, and enforce state and federal regulations and laws regarding FERPA, ADA, Title IV, Title IX, SEVIS, etc.
• Demonstrated expertise and commitment related to assessment and continuous improvement of student services operations in higher education.
• Successful experience leveraging and integrating technological innovations for student and enrollment services, including appropriate online services.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Demonstrated proficiency and effective use of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to; Office 365, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Doctorate in higher education or related field.
• Demonstrated track record of effective relationships with external constituencies, including K-12 districts, four-year institutions of higher education, and community organizations.
• Experience managing a robust athletics program and an understanding of all related regulations.
• Comprehensive, multi-campus community college experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of shared governance and transparency.
• Demonstrated experience in a collective bargaining environment, preferably in higher education.
• Experience with the development and management of grants.
• Experience applying Lean Six Sigma to higher education quality improvement.
• Demonstrated experience with Banner, Blackboard, Slate, and/or other proprietary technology.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
• Demonstrated understanding of diversity, inclusion and equity practices that promote successful access and student success for minority and underserved populations.
• Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization’s brand.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits.
SALARY: Hiring salary $95,000 – $120,000, commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 30 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310676
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.