Website Bristol Community College
Director, Development and Alumni Affairs
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: May 2, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 147045
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Director, Development and Alumni Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Office of Development
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River; position may be eligible for a weekly schedule of both in-person and remote work in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Development Office clerical staff, as assigned.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Director, Development and Alumni Affairs is a senior level position with primary responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, managing the day-to-day operations of the Development/Foundation office, managing events, managing staff as required, leading the college’s alumni affairs program and the annual Bristol Fund campaign, and implementing and/or overseeing all fundraising communications initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Administration
• Oversee management and data hygiene of Raiser’s Edge and other office databases.
• Attend and support implementation of Foundation Board meetings and all Development and Foundation events, as directed by the CDO.
• Supervise, develop, and lead the office’s clerical support. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and expectations.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Support CDO in the design and implementation of a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team to support the fundraising goals.
• Support CDO in developing and maintaining relationships across the campus community in order to identify and shape campus priorities for Development Office fundraising initiatives.
• Build a culture of philanthropy among multiple constituencies including, but not limited to, alumni, faculty, staff, individual donors, foundations, major donors and corporations.
• In partnership with CDO, support meeting development goals and assure smooth functioning of all areas of Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Foundations, Planned Giving, and Prospect Research.
• Implement and lead the annual Bristol Annual Fund campaign and other fundraising initiatives that support the college’s priorities.
• Oversee all Foundation events, including but not limited to the annual Bristol Awards, annual Golf Tournament, the Gala, and the annual donor scholarship lunch.
• Support the CDO in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting existing and new potential donors to establish a pipeline of donors to fund Development initiatives and campaigns;
• Perform prospect research to support Major Donor development activities.
• Implement and direct a Planned Giving campaign.
• Assist the CDO with planning and implementation of all planned capital campaign initiatives.
• Oversee and lead the college’s Alumni Affairs program, serving as the primary liaison to the Alumni Association; work to build college engagement with alumni including fostering on-going giving.
• Develops and manage an annual plan for alumni relations to include timeline and budget for alumni events and engagement.
• Maintain an accurate and complete database of Bristol alumni, building strong reporting capabilities to track ROI on alumni programming, as well as fundraising research, prospecting, and donation tracking.
Marketing and Communications
• Employ multiple channels and technologies to support fundraising initiatives including but not limited to direct mail, email, social media, and text-to-give to advance Bristol’s outreach and brand to internal and external constituents.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications for the development of fundraising related materials, including but not limited to the monthly/quarterly newsletters; annual President’s report, contributions to the college’s Fact Sheet, donor acknowledgements, reports, correspondence, and all fundraising campaigns.
• Manage and oversee departmental digital programming and platforms including but not limited to Connect2Bristol, Facebook and other digital engagement tools to maximize alumni and other constituent engagement.
Promote the https://www.mass.edu/strategic/equity.asp through the application of related best practices throughout all job functions.
Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of three (3) years of fundraising or related experience.
• Demonstrated managerial experience with direct reports.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Office 365 applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Demonstrated proficiency with virtual and social media tools to fundraise and increase the digital footprint of an organization’s brand; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which may be demonstrated through marketing, stewardship, and various fundraising materials with written content.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/ policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated experience working in fundraising and/or marketing and communications in a higher education environment.
• Demonstrated experience managing fundraising campaigns, such as but not limited to an annual fund or capital campaign.
• Demonstrated history of cultivating and soliciting a portfolio of donors; including proven ability to solicit and close gifts of $25,000 or greater.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge software.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: Hiring salary $85,000 – $92,000 commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3152776
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.