Website Bristol Community College
Full-Time Faculty -Accounting, 9-Month Position; Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
Department: Academic Affairs-Business Experiential Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: May 26, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 131518
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Faculty – Accounting (9 Month Position; Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
DEPARTMENT: Business and Experiential Education
REPORTS TO: Dean of Business and Experiential Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Full-Time Faculty – Accounting will teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of courses in the Business Administration discipline, which may include, but are not limited to, accounting, financial services (such as banking), personal financial planning, corporate finance, management, marketing, and taxation. Specific courses may be found online in the http://bristolcc.smartcatalogiq.com/2020-2021/Catalog/Courses. Courses may be held at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro, and Taunton locations and/or in the online environment as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of Accounting and Banking courses.
• Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and student learning outcomes and General Education competencies as appropriate, according to the teaching modality of the course (online, face-to-face, hybrid, etc.)
• Serve as academic advisor to assigned students.
• Post and maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
• Develop appropriate discipline-related courses.
• Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
• Attend program, department, academic area, all-college and committee/council meetings.
• Recommend suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions.
• Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
• Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues, to teach online as needed, and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
• Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom.
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
• Actively participate in the general college community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
• Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience at the college/university level or equivalent industry training experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in business accounting or related field.
• Must possess an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or obtain a CPA license within 1 year of the date of hire.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Demonstrated experience with online instruction and/or virtual training experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience in curricular planning and assessment, as well as demonstrated use of innovative educational learning techniques and technologies to enhance student learning.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Doctorate in related field preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with High Impact Practices such as leading a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program.
• Demonstrated versatility in teaching a range of courses offered in the Business program, particularly in accounting and financial management courses.
• Training experience or other demonstrable use of materials and assignments that incorporate international business and multi-cultural perspectives designed to improve the critical thinking, writing, verbal communications, and interpersonal skills of students.
• Experience in community college teaching, advising, and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard, Banner, Argos, and/or DegreeWorks.
• Demonstrated experience working on committees and within teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a 9-month, Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor of Accounting, depending on the selected candidate’s experience.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2021
SALARY: Minimum salary $47,620 – $57,357 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 30 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) Those interviewed will be required to present a 20-minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice. This may include a demonstration of knowledge of accreditation and regulation policies and guidelines.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310677
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.