Website Bristol Community College
Full-Time Faculty – Nursing, Pediatrics Emphasis (Tenure-Track; Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
Department: Academic Affairs-Health Sciences
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jun 4, 2021
Closes: Jul 4, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 131866
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Faculty – Nursing, Pediatrics Emphasis (Tenure-Track; Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean of Nursing or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Nursing Faculty in Pediatrics will teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of nursing courses, which may include, but are not limited to the list found online in the http://bristolcc.smartcatalogiq.com/2020-2021/Catalog/Courses, as well as required clinical assignments. Courses may be held in the classroom at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro, and Taunton locations or at area clinical sites; in the hybrid or online environment; and/or via other modalities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Team teach lecture courses, teach courses individually as needed, and supervise a clinical group; perform all functions related to clinical assignments.
• Make clinical assignments and detailed nursing care plans for students.
• Within the nursing faculty team, assume responsibility for instruction in fundamental and pediatrics theory and clinical courses.
• Collaborate with faculty team to prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and student learning outcomes and General Education competencies as appropriate, according to the teaching modality of the course (online, face-to-face, hybrid, etc.).
• Recommend suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions by working with the faculty team.
• Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues, to teach online as needed, and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
• Engage in effective academic advising and student support by providing strategies that empower students to meet their goals.
• Develop appropriate discipline-related courses and evaluation materials consistent with the framework of the nursing department and in accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (MABORN) and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
• Post and maintain weekly office hours in accordance with the MCCC contract.
• Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
• Actively participate in program, department, academic area, all-college, and committee/council meetings.
• Fully participate in all components necessary for program, institutional, state compliance and ACEN accreditation.
• Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
• Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom; maintain nursing licensure by participating in appropriate continuing education (CEU’s).
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Actively participate in the general college community to fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC contract.
• Participate in student recruitment activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the MCCC contract.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Unrestricted Massachusetts nursing license in good standing, or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire, as demonstrated by current credentials and standing with other state licensing agency.
• Minimum of a Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) or other related nursing Master’s degree.
• Minimum of two (2) years full-time clinical experience in pediatric nursing (specifically) within the last five (5) years.
• Demonstrated teaching experience and skills at the college level in nursing, as well as clinical teaching experience in a pediatric nursing setting.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and online teaching, as well as technology and computer applications common in nursing practice and education.
• Strong experience in curricular planning and assessment, as well as demonstrated use of High Impact Practices, technologies, and inclusive pedagogy to enhance student learning.
• Demonstrated experience working within nursing teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must submit to a background check (including a CORI/SORI) and drug screening as a condition of employment.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Doctorate in related field preferred.
• Experience in community college teaching (including didactic and clinical courses), advising, and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard, Banner, Argos, and/or DegreeWorks.
• Demonstrated experience working on committees and within teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, depending on the selected candidate’s experience.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2021
SALARY: Minimum salary $47,620 – $61,042 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) Those interviewed will be required to present a 20 minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions. Selected candidate will also be required to provide documentation of MA nursing licensure.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310675
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.