Website Bristol Community College
Full-Time Faculty – Office Administration (Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
Department: Academic Affairs-Business Experiential Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Dec 21, 2021
Closes: Jan 21, 2022 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 140892
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Faculty – Office Administration (Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
DEPARTMENT: Business & Experiential Education
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Dean of Business & Experiential Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Full-Time Faculty – Office Administration Program will primarily teach a full-time (15-credit hours per semester) Office Administration (OFC) courses or other courses in the academic area which may include, but are not limited to the list found online in the https://bristol.cleancatalog.net/. Courses may be held in the classroom at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro, and Taunton locations; in the hybrid or online environment; and/or via other modalities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of courses.
• Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and student learning outcomes and General Education competencies as appropriate, according to the teaching modality of the course (online, face-to-face, hybrid, etc.)
• Serve as academic advisor to assigned students.
• Post and maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
• Develop appropriate discipline-related courses.
• Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
• Attend program, department, academic area, all-college and committee/council meetings.
• Recommend suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions.
• Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
• Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues, to teach online as needed, and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
• Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom.
• Develop and improve office administration programs by working collaboratively with other faculty members and administrators through program reviews and advisory board committees; assist with recruitment of qualified advisory board members as needed.
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Actively participate in the general college community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which may include but is not limited to participating in student recruitment activities or serving on high school advisory boards.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree in office administration and a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
• For candidates with a Bachelor’s degree, must make progress toward obtaining a Master’s degree in related field within two years of the date of hire.
• Demonstrated professional experience as an office assistant or related position.
• Minimum two years of demonstrated teaching or industry training experience in office administration, facilitating courses such as but not limited to office procedures, records management, executive office procedures, and/or office management.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 applications and online teaching.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent punctuation and grammar.
• Strong experience in curricular planning and assessment, as well as demonstrated use of High Impact Practices, technologies, and inclusive pedagogy to enhance student learning.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Experience in community college teaching, advising, and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard, Banner, Argos, and/or DegreeWorks.
• Demonstrated experience working on committees and within teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, depending on the selected candidate’s experience. This position may be eligible for release time as department chair or coordinator, which would include working with accreditors and related reporting.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2022
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary $45,845 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the https://mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdfhttps:/mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdf. Please refer to the New Hire Tables in the CBA for more information.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) Those interviewed will be required to present a 20-minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2730251
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.