Website Bristol Community College
Video & Social Content Specialist (Staff Associ…
Department: Marketing & Communications
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: May 6, 2022
Closes: Jun 6, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 147314
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Video & Social Content Specialist (Staff Associate)
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River; position may be eligible for a weekly schedule of both in-person and remote work in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Television Services
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Video & Social Content Specialist works with Bristol’s Marketing & Communications and Television Services teams, as well as Fall River Community Media (FRCMedia) to create, concept, edit and shoot videos in-house, with a focus on storytelling. The Video & Social Content Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to, finding creative ways to tell the college’s story – and our students’ stories – through video. They create impactful videos for external and internal audiences that drive engagement and conversion rates across web, social media and advertising. The individual will work on multiple long-term projects simultaneously while also pivoting to rapid-response videos for social media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Administration
• Film, edit and post social media content on appropriate channels such as, but not limited to, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
• Coordinate pre-production and shoot planning, including storyboarding, creative concepts, script and scheduling.
• Manage timelines for various productions, which may range from a quick turnaround to extensively planned and coordinated productions.
• Work closely with the Television Services and Marketing & Communications departments to strategize and fulfill the video needs of the organization.
• Use appropriate equipment to capture and edit high-quality videos.
• Transport, set up and operate video production equipment (including, but not limited to audio and lighting) and other related equipment at all college locations.
• Create and incorporate motion graphics and on-screen titles through Adobe or similar software.
• Cover live events such as, but not limited to, sporting events, awards ceremonies and speaking engagements.
• Stay up-to-date with new technological advances and proactively recommend new production methods as needed.
• Remain informed of evolving and new social media platforms and user experiences to stay relevant and on-trend.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent experience in film/videography, social media content, marketing and communications or related field.
• Minimum of two years of videography experience, which may include equivalent experience as a student (e.g. internships and co-op).
• Demonstrated video camera experience at live events.
• Demonstrated understanding of video optimization for different platforms and audiences.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, non-linear editing, motion graphics, and/or similar platforms.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram.
• Willingness to take direction and work independently.
• Ability to work in a team environment, understand organizational dynamics and the importance of communication priorities.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs, including Microsoft Office 365 applications, and industry-standard tools to accomplish day-to-day communication and video output goals.
• Advanced skill and understanding of digital camera technology from DSLRs/mirrorless to cinema cameras.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proofreading and an eye for layout.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, training, or campus and community locations as required.?
• Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills, proven ability to form strong cross-functional relationships, and ability to manage differing points of views across broad sets of stakeholders.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty and staff.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/ policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated photography skills.
• Minimum of one (1) year of related experience in higher education.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity, and student success practices.
• Working knowledge of digital asset management software and workflows.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the use of Steadicam or other gimbal-based camera stabilization hardware.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits.
SALARY: Hiring salary $48,000 – $55,000 commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) A link to an online portfolio: (Google, YouTube, website, etc.)
• Portfolio or reel that demonstrates the ability to create effective videos that tell compelling stories.
• Include examples of work on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat, or Instagram.
• You should be prepared to explain your role and contribution to the projects included in your portfolio.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3061967
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.