Website Bristol Community College
Assistant Coach – Men’s Basketball (part-time)
Department: SSEM – Athletics & Recreation
Locations: Taunton, MA
Posted: Jul 20, 2022
Closes: Aug 19, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 150615
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Coach – Men’s Basketball (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
PRIMARY LOCATION: Bristol’s Taunton Center
EXPECTED START DATE: October 1 for the 2022-2023 season
REPORTS TO: Head Coach – Men’s Basketball
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Assistant Coach – Men’s Basketball will assist the Head Coach – Men’s Basketball with administration of all phases of an NJCAA Division III men’s basketball program including, but not limited to, recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and training athletes for successful competition, monitoring and supporting the academic success of the student-athletes, and planning and conducting pre- and post-season conditioning programs. All of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NJCAA, Region XXI, other federal, state and local obligations, and Bristol Community College.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the Head Coach’s efforts in achieving designated roster goals by working with Admissions to garner students through the enrollment process.
• Collaborate with the Head Coach to establish a comprehensive list of prospective men’s basketball student-athletes through the development of relationships with high school basketball coaches.
• Contact prospective student-athletes about attending Bristol Community College consistent with internal departmental procedures.
• Communicate recruiting progress with Head Coach on a regular basis.
• Motivate and provide direction and advice to prepare student-athletes in the classroom.
• Promote academic success through a commitment to class attendance, academic achievement, and graduation.
• Communicate high academic standards within the men’s basketball program.
• Monitor team study-hall in the absence of the Head Coach.
• Provide on-site coaching during games and practices.
• Direct, motivate, and advise student-athletes to prepare for competition.
• Assist the Head Coach with film breakdown and analysis.
• Represent the college in a positive manner by demonstrating good sportsmanship and collegiality.
• Study the field and remain up to date on the latest trends of basketball instruction.
• Use lessons in sport as a platform for overall student-development.
• Operate campus van to provide student transportation to games and practices and/or overnight stays, as necessary.
Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree required.
• Minimum of one year of experience playing and coaching intercollegiate or high school basketball.
• Knowledge of recruitment, student-athlete development, and basketball.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to work nights and weekends, with occasional overnights as necessary.
• Ability to provide a safe, healthy, and equitable environment for student-athletes, particularly during games and practices.
• Adherence to policies and procedures in regard to the safety and well-being of athletes and students.
• A commitment to embracing diversity and serving the needs of a diverse population, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience recruiting student-athletes in a community college setting.
• Minimum of two years of experience coaching at the intercollegiate level.
• Strong ability to build relationships within our recruitment area.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted position, not to exceed 18.5 hours per week.
SALARY: $1,600 per season. Amount may be pro-rated depending on start date.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions. Additionally, this position requires a motor vehicle/driving record check.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3271974
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.