Website Bristol Community College
Head Coach – Men’s Soccer (part-time)
Locations: Taunton, MA
Posted: Jan 11, 2022
Closes: Jan 21, 2022 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 141418
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Head Coach – Men’s Soccer (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
PRIMARY LOCATION: Taunton Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics and Recreation
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Assistant Coach – Men’s Soccer
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Head Coach – Men’s Soccer is responsible for administration of all phases of an NJCAA Division III Men’s Soccer program including, but not limited to: recruiting quality student-athletes; organizing and training athletes for successful competition; monitoring and supporting the academic success of the student-athletes; planning and conducting pre- and post-season conditioning programs; scheduling; fundraising; as well as promoting the program on-campus and in the local community. This is a professional head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NJCAA, Region XXI, and Bristol Community College.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet designated roster goals in collaboration with Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Collaborate with the department’s Athletics Recruiter to identify and guide prospective students through the enrollment process.
• Report information on prospective student-athlete interest to the Athletics Recruiter.
• Establish a comprehensive list of prospective student-athletes and regularly contact prospective student-athletes about attending Bristol Community College.
• Attend Bristol Community College family nights and other on-campus recruiting events.
• Collaboratively work with the department’s Student-Athlete Academic Coordinator to ensure men’s soccer student-athletes are meeting regularly with their advisor and engaging in student development and support initiatives.
• Motivate and provide mentorship and advice to prepare student-athletes in the classroom.
• Promote academic success through a commitment to class attendance, academic achievement, and graduation.
• Communicate high academic standards within the men’s soccer program.
• Organize, prepare and conduct team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition.
• Direct, motivate, and advise student-athletes to prepare for competition.
• Establish program and student-athlete goals.
• Establish and enforce team and college policies.
• Effectively communicate proper techniques, fundamentals, and team strategies.
• Represent the college in a positive manner by demonstrating good sportsmanship and collegiality.
• Study the field and remain up-to-date on the latest trends of soccer instruction.
• Use lessons in sport as a platform for overall student-development.
• Schedule non-region soccer contests in collaboration with the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Develop relationships with four-year coaches and implement a plan to assist men’s soccer student-athletes in transferring.
• Demonstrate an understanding and adhere to NJCAA eligibility and compliance, as well as applicable coach and student-athlete handbooks.
• Attend and participate in coaching staff meetings.
• Coordinate the distribution and completion of all men’s soccer student-athlete paperwork.
• Prepare and submit the men’s soccer tournament packet.
• Report facility issues to the Director of Athletics and Recreation in a timely manner.
• Manage men’s soccer uniform and equipment inventory and submit requests to the Director of Athletics and Recreation or designated representative.
• Coordinate fundraising initiatives for the men’s soccer program and meet annual fundraising goals, in collaboration with the college’s Development Office.
Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in coaching high school, club, or intercollegiate soccer.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Knowledge of recruitment and student-athlete development.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to obtain CPR/AED certification.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience coaching at the intercollegiate level.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Front Rush recruiting software.
• Experience recruiting student-athletes in a community college setting.
• Strong ability to build relationships within our recruitment area.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted, up to 16.5 hours per week position.
EXPECTED START DATE: February 2022
SALARY: $7,000 per season
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2773526
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.