Website Bristol Community College
Non-Credit Instructor – English to Speakers of …
Economic & Business Development Instructors
Department: Economic & Business Development
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: May 19, 2022
Closes: Jun 30, 2023 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 147859
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Non-Credit Instructor – English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
DEPARTMENT: Economic and Business Development
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Business Solutions & Training or Associate Director, Adult Education
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, grant-funded, non-unit, non-benefitted position. Non-Credit Instructors are hired on an as needed basis. Courses may be offered in face-to-face, hybrid, or online modalities at Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and/or Taunton campuses or at a workplace location in these or surrounding communities. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, or on weekends.
The current existing needs are for:
• Hybrid Adult Education ESOL course in Fall River (meets once per week in person with additional online instruction).
• Online Adult Education ESOL course (meets twice per week online), with the ability to access Bristol’s Adult Education programs in person as necessary.
• Workplace ESOL instructors in the Southcoast, MA region (various times).
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Non-Credit Instructors – ESOL provide instruction for English Language Proficiency courses. Instructors are responsible for the management of the overall learning environment including the preparation, delivery and assessment of learning activities and the submission of a course syllabus, program reports and course outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instruct students, who have a variety of learning styles, with appropriate level materials and teaching strategies, in a face-to-face and/or remote learning environment and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
• Develop and revise instruction/curriculum as needed; aligning it to the Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education.
• Evaluate student progress through administration of cumulative assessments to measure learning outcomes.
• Integrate digital literacy into curriculum using tools such as, but not limited to: educational software, remote/online learning platforms, and use of other educational equipment as warranted.
• Prepare and submit a course syllabus.
• Prepare students for academic and career pathways.
• Refer students in need of tutorial services.
• Participate in program meetings.
• Complete required training such as, but not limited to, Title IX, FERPA, Bloodborne Pathogens and Information Security.
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with adult students from diverse educational and ethnic backgrounds in an instructional setting.
• Demonstrated experience and education related to specific teaching responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching style and materials to meet the individual needs of students.
• Demonstrated experience integrating technology into the teaching and learning processes, which may include providing blended, online, and distance learning opportunities for students.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven technological proficiency, which may include Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in education or related field.
• Adult Basic Education (ESOL) licensure or TESOL/TEFL or other related certification.
• Demonstrated experience in ESOL curriculum development.
• Demonstrated ability to design and/or use blended or online learning models.
• Experience using evidenced-based practices or High Impact Practices in adult education.
• Prior online teaching experience using a Learning Management System.
• Knowledge/experience designing and teaching ESOL in a workplace setting.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July 2022
SALARY: Hourly rate varies based on project(s).
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MAY BE PROMPTED TO RESUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3154455
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.