Website Bristol Community College
Non-Credit Instructor- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Adult Education Instructors
Department: Adult Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Aug 12, 2020
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 124141
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Non-Credit Instructor-English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
DEPARTMENT: Adult Education
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Adult Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Adult Education (AE) ESOL instructors provide instruction for English Language Proficiency courses. Instructors are responsible for duties such as, but not limited to, the overall learning environment of the classroom, including operation, management, and learning outcomes; submission of a course syllabus; and completion of all applicable course/program report and professional development plans. Instructors will work closely with Adult Education/Career Advisors on student attendance, follow-up, and assessment. They are also expected to attend professional and staff development trainings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Instruct students, who have a variety of learning styles, with appropriate level materials and teaching strategies, in a face-to-face and/or remote learning environment.
• Develop and revise curriculum as needed; align curriculum to the Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education.
• Evaluate student progress through administration of cumulative assessments to measure learning outcomes.
• Integrate digital literacy into curriculum using tools such as, but not limited to educational software, remote/online learning platforms, and use of other educational equipment as warranted.
• Prepare and submit course syllabus and weekly lesson plans based on assigned classes, program curriculum, and instructional priorities.
• Prepare students for academic and career pathways.
• Work closely with Adult Education advisors on student attendance and assessment.
• Maintain communications with appropriate contacts to identify students in need of tutorial services.
• Participate in program development team meetings.
• Attend professional development activities related to professional standards and program goals to advance teaching skills and strategies.
• Complete required trainings such as, but not limited to, Harassment & Discrimination Prevention and Cybersecurity
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with adult students from diverse educational and ethnic backgrounds in an instructional setting.
• Demonstrated experience and education related to the specific teaching responsibilities.
• Experience in providing individualized and group instruction to non-traditional students.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching style and materials to meet the individual needs of students.
• Experience in ESOL curriculum development
• Demonstrated experience integrating technology into the teaching and learning processes, including providing blended, online, and distance learning opportunities for students.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and team-teach, if necessary.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree preferred.
• Appropriate Adult Basic Education licensure or TESOL certification.
• Demonstrated ability to design and/or utilize blended or online learning models.
• Experience using evidenced based practices in adult education.
• Prior online teaching experience, preferably using Google Classroom or any Learning Management System.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, grant-funded, non-unit, non-benefitted position, some nights and weekends may be required.
Non-Credit Instructors are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Courses may be offered in face-to-face, hybrid, or online modalities in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and/or Taunton. Courses may also be offered as online sections. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends.
STARTING DATE: Academic Year 2020-2021
SALARY: $28.00 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MAY BE PROMPTED TO RESUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College changes the world by changing lives, learner by learner.
ABOUT BRISTOL COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Bristol has core values rooted in student success and lifelong learning. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Economic & Business Development area provides business solutions for organizations of all sizes and offers customized courses for individuals seeking educational and career pathways, including high school equivalency and English language proficiency programs. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts with locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Each location has something unique to offer from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and arts in downtown New Bedford, the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus. From city life to seaside, our locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and Block Island.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310688
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.