The Community Health Worker is a full-time, 35-hour position, year-round, and will collaborate with the East Providence (HEZ), East Bay Community Action Program (EBCAP), and residents to provide response and recovery to COVID-19 by addressing the social and health care needs of the school community. Provide educational opportunities for East Providence residents regarding healthy foods, managing chronic conditions (specifically diabetes), and access to community/EBCAP resources.
EBCAP is offering a two-step sign-on bonus totaling $1,000.
– Covid-19 Proof of Vaccination
– A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate Degree in social science, research, or public health-related field or equivalent work experience in a similar field is preferred.
– Certification through the RI Certification Board (RICB) as a Community Health Worker (CHW) OR requirements met to sit for CHW certification exam within 12 months preferred. (Requirements include: six months or 1000 hours of paid or volunteer work experience within five years, 50 hours of supervision, 70 hours of education relevant to the domains established by the RICB, portfolio as designated by the RICB, and recertification and continuing education every two years).
– Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) required
– Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in community engagement and outreach and/or related field preferred
For Full Time Employees Working 35 hours per week, some evenings. EBCAP provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes heavily subsidized medical and dental insurance plans (BCBSRI), supplemental vision insurance, voluntary medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, up to 3% company matching 403(b) retirement plan, employer-paid life insurance & long term disability, generous paid time off that includes vacation/holidays/personal days/sick time, mileage reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, opportunities for center-paid training/CEUs, employee assistance program.
EBCAP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to providing a diverse work environment.
To apply for this job please visit ebcap.clearcompany.com.