Website Genesis Center
Genesis Center is seeking an adult basic education learning facilitator to provide instruction to diverse students as a part of a new multigenerational family literacy project. This is a part-time position estimated at 10-hours per week focused on ABE, pre-GED, and GED preparation for parents with school-aged children.
Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Responsible for teaching Adult Basic Education, Pre-GED and GED courses using instructional methods geared toward the adult learner in a classroom setting.
- Plan lessons and curriculum based on the learning needs of culturally diverse and multi-skill level students which prepare students to pass the GED tests and/or enhance basic education skills.
- Responsible for teaching the GED test areas (literature, writing, social studies, science and math) or adult basic education skills areas (writing, math, language).
- Contextualize lessons to address family literacy competencies as identified by students and project curricula.
- Plan and prepare relevant and practical class lessons and monitors students’ performance.
- Implement a variety of instructional delivery methods, that include group or individualized instruction as well as computer programs that help students make learning gains.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Complete and maintain appropriate student registration, attendance, and assessment records, and ensure timely submission of data.
- Responsible for effective classroom management that enhances student learning
Perform other duties as assigned by the director.
Performs other duties as needed.
Qualifications: (includes professional & legal standards, knowledge, skills and demonstrated abilities required)
- Knowledge of adult learner and alternative educational methods and have the ability to apply these methods for adult, at-risk teens and multi-cultural students
- Ability to teach students of diverse abilities and backgrounds and overcome barriers to success in a multi-level class
- Ability to build a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Ability to relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
- Ability to use a variety of audio-visual equipment and have proficiency with computer/technology.
- Must have good classroom management skills.
- Must have strong desire to work with people from a broad range of backgrounds
- A team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
- Participate in curriculum development.
- Attend in-service, staff meetings and state training.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the Genesis Center mission; understanding and appreciation of special problems and stressors of refugee and immigrant families; and respect for cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and to be flexible and accept change.
Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of work.
- Ability to prioritize, organize & control workflow and manage data for timely and accurate completion of projects.
Hours & Attendance Requirements:
This is a part-time position for approximately 10 hours/week. This position may be hybrid, remote or in-person based on the needs of the learners/program.
To apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
This description is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of a supervisor to assign, direct, or contract work as needed. Management may add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Genesis Center values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Genesis Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com