Website Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA)
Public Transit Authority for the State of RI
The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) is recruiting to the position of Application Developer. This is a Non-Represented position.
Position: Application Developer
Reposting Period: September 14, 2021 through October 1, 2021*
Reposting Period: September 2, 2021 through September 13, 2021*
* Applicants who have previously applied do not need to reapply; application is recorded and on-file.
Posting Period: July 23, 2021 through August 6, 2021
Salary: $80,384.66 to $100,480.82 Annum
Union Affiliation: This is a Non-Represented Position
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Summary of Position:
The Application Developer is responsible for the development, implementation, integration, and maintenance of applications (API’s), databases and reports that support or extend our operations. The Application Developer will work alongside the IT Team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes, and assist with training, testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of problems as they arise. Other duties include building and maintaining a data warehouse of all relevant and pertinent data for reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, write code and document software applications to design specifications;
- Review and maintain existing software programs to provide as needed customer support and updates. Determine possible enhancements for applications, reports and processes;
- Create custom documentation and manuals as needed by users;
- Serve as a technical resource for RIPTA (i.e. software ,database and reporting issues);
- Build a data warehouse for use in custom reporting using such tools as Crystal Reports and Cognos Analytics;
- Any other duties as determined by the Chief Technology Officer.
The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position, nor are they intended to limit in any way the right of supervisors to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Be able to organize complex assignments for multiple clients and assure timely and accurate service delivery;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience developing windows and web application in .NET (4.5 and above);
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience designing reports using SAP Crystal reports or MS Microsoft SQL Reporting Services;
- Understanding of SQL database principles including triggers ,views and stored procedures;
- Minimum skills needed C# or VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Visual Studio, PHP, Pyhthon and DB2;
- Experience with web service standards (REST, and SOAP) or experience using a product API;
- Design and Development for intranet applications
Specific Skill Experience:
- Web Application Development, API VB.NET experience;
- SQL Server 2012 or later database experience;
Understanding of DB2 database principles including views, triggers and stored procedures;
- Experience with Cognos Analytics, SAP Crystal Reports or Power BI for designing reports;
- Experience providing programming support for developed programs;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
OR: Any combination of education and experience shall be substantially equivalent to the above qualifications.
- Provides timely and accurate response to assigned tasks;
- Demonstrates capacity to adapt and learn in a dynamic work environment;
- Manages time effectively and responds to requests to work flexible hours;
- Is punctual and regularly attends work.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice;
- Occasional travel to other sites is required;
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without limitations.
- Interested applicants should submit their resume and written request to the Human Resources Department by due date;
- Applicant will be required to submit a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) from their state of residence to Human Resources when a conditional offer of employment has been made;
- Applicant must provide RIPTA copies of licensure and/or certifications as required to perform job duties prior to appointment;
- Applicant must provide RIPTA a copy of degree and/or transcripts from accredited educational institution;
- Applicant will be required to pass a nationwide full financial and criminal background check to be conducted by RIPTA;
- Applicants claiming Military status; should submit a copy of the DD-214 form;
- May be required to pass an oral interview and/or written test;
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, certifications, licensure and RIPTA employment application no later than Friday, October 4, 2021. You may apply on-line at www.ripta.com/careers. Telephone calls will not be accepted regarding application status.
RIPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status and/or gender identity or expression.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com