Website Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA)
Public Transit Authority for the State of RI
The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) is recruiting internally and externally for the position of Purchasing Information Specialist. This is a Laborer’s International Union of North America, Local 808 (LIUNA Local 808) position. All applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) selection criteria will apply when considering internal applicants.
Position Title: PURCHASING INFORMATION SPECIALIST
Posting Period: June 20, 2022 through July 1, 2022
Salary Range: $51,558.76 to $64,448.46 Annum (Pay Grade 126)
Union Affiliation: Laborer’s International Union of North America, Local 808 (LIUNA, Local 808)
Reports To: Executive Director of Procurement and Inventory Control
Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Procurement and Inventory Control, and in accordance with all applicable regulations, the Purchasing Information Specialist is responsible for performing a series of duties in support of technical and administrative programs and purchases made by the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Executive Director of Procurement and Inventory Control with the coordination of procurements;
- Works with Staff to develop standards for all procurement processes assuring compliance within the department;
- Maintains accurate records of all purchasing requisitions and receipts and verifies authorization for electronic procurement documents;
- Manages invoice processing through match verification and authenticity;
- Works closely with the Finance Department to coordinate the requisition and purchasing process;
- Supports the Contract and Specifications Administrator in the preparation of all bid packages;
- Provides back-up support for all procurement staff during staff absence, including vacations;
- Works with Inventory personnel to ensure accuracy and audit trail of all documentation originating from outside vendors and the stockroom(s);
- Performs technical and reoccurring administrative duties and responsibilities that are directly related to the primary function of the division, to include but not limited to review of correspondence, memoranda, statements, forms and records for correctness and compliance;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position, nor are they intended to limit in any way the right of supervisors to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Qualification Requirements and Selection Process:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, be highly organized and possess the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Must have good interpersonal skills including the ability to remain flexible when encountering tight time schedules and to effectively interact with internal and external contacts;
- Must possess outstanding computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Products as well as the ability to adapt to new programs as they are introduced into the office setting by RIPTA;
- A component of the interview may include a writing sample that will be composed in a timed session in response to a question;
- Applicants may be required to demonstrate the ability to create a Word document, use e-mail, create and present a Power Point presentation document with an oral presentation;
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both orally and written;
- Must have the ability to prioritize and be able to work with a multiple of projects at a time;
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to deal with situations that require a high level of confidentiality and tact are essential;
- Must be able to interact in a positive manner with both internal and external customers;
- Interested applicants should submit their resume and written request to the Human Resources Department by due date;
- May be required to pass an oral interview and/or written/computer assessment;
- Applicant will be required to pass a nationwide full criminal background check to be conducted by RIPTA;
- Applicant will be required to submit a Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) from their state of residence to Human Resources when a conditional offer of employment has been made;
- Applicant must provide RIPTA a copy of any required licensure and/or certifications as needed to perform job functions, prior to appointment;
- Applicant must provide RIPTA a copy of degree and/or transcripts from accredited educational institution;
- Applicants claiming Military status should submit a copy of the DD-214 form;
- Seniority will be calculated as the final step in the process of selection in the event that any qualified applicants are determined to be “equal”.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration required;
- Supplemental education through an accredited technical school with course certifications, or documented equivalent work experience preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ related experience attained in an office setting required;
- Prior experience, which may have been gained through employment in a responsible capacity in a municipal, state or other governmental organization involved in procurement functions, is preferred.
OR: any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Performs semi-independently in accordance within regulatory mandates, and departmental policies and procedures; refers specific problems to other appropriate individuals.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and/or employment application to RIPTA’s Human Resources Department. To apply, visit www.ripta.com/careers by Friday, July 1, 2022. Telephone calls will not be accepted.
RIPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority that no employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status and/or gender identity or expression.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com