BARRINGTON FIRE DEPARTMENT
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
The Barrington Fire Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of firefighter. The individual should demonstrate good moral character and judgement, be able to handle high pressure situations, and demonstrate good problem-solving and leadership skills. The Town of Barrington’s Fire Department is an integral part of the public safety system in the Town and continually strives to provide a caring, courteous and a highly competent Fire and Rescue Emergency service. We service over 17,000 residents and a small business district in town. With over 19 miles of coastline, Barrington is known as a seaside community with a beautiful town beach and five marinas.
Salary: $46,218 with regular step increases to $64,362
Minimum Application Requirements:
1. Minimum age of 18 years at the time of application
2. High School Diploma or GED
3. Valid Motor Vehicle License & Good Driving Record
4. Clean Criminal History
5. Current Nationally Registered EMT.
6. Valid RIAFC Physical Performance Assessment, within one year of application
Applications are available at the Public Safety Building located at 100 Federal Road in Barrington, or at the Human Resources Office located at 283 County Road in Barrington.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 P.M. on October 29, 2021.
You must present the original and submit a copy of the following documents with the application:
1) Current motor vehicle license
2) Nationally registered EMT
3) Current RIAFC Physical Performance Assessment, within one year of application
The application and all documentation must be returned in person by 12:00 P.M. on October 29, 2021, to be considered for the February 2022 academy.
All packages must be complete to be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org