Website United Way of Rhode Island
Job Title: Grant and Program Associate, Community Investment
Salary Range: $48,172.11 – $51,834.51
At a Glance:
Community Impact and Equity
EEOC Job Classification:
Granted Funded Date:
Summary: This position oversees the administrative and logistical aspects of the grant making and reporting processes of the Community Impact and Equity department. This position plays a key role in establishing and carrying out grant programs with department staff. They manage the application, review, selection, and payment processes, and collaborate with other internal units to highlight the impact of United Way’s grant making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant Making/Process Management:
• Collaborates with Director of Community Investments on the release of funding opportunities,
drafting of requests for proposals (RFP) documents, and manages the grant process.
• Maintains the online grant application, reporting, and reviewer platforms for recurring and ad hoc
funding opportunities and sponsorships.
Coordinates grant contracting with Community Impact Staff, and payment with Finance staff.
Recruit reviewers and help orient them to the grant review process, help answer any questions and collate the reviewers data and organize the review process for the team and senior leadership for the decision making process.
Assist and organize grantee/rfp information session, provide guidance on the reviewing and rant selection process, providing training on grants management platform etc.
• Collaborates with vendor(s) to establish and update grant applications and processes.
• Troubleshoot technical issues individually or with vendor or IT support.
• Provides data to support the research work and illustrate the impact of UWRI’s grant making investments.
• Provide timely responses to email and/or phone inquiries from applicants and grantees about funding opportunities or processes.
• Facilitate the collection of relevant data for internal and/or external reporting process.
• Establish processes and utilize appropriate tools to effectively manage and monitor projects.
• Support the planning and project management of grant and strategic initiative-related events.
Internal Team Collaboration
Have weekly check-ins with Director of Community Investments review the progress of grant programs and department needs.
Collaborate with Research and Data Analytics staff to design user-friendly and informative
application and reporting tools.
• Collect and organize data obtained from grantees, in partnership with Research and Data Analytics
• Engage with the Data Analytics and Research team to evaluate data, measure impact and implement common data systems and outcomes measurement tools for programs funded by United Way.
• Work with other members of the Community Impact & Equity Team staff to develop the collection and review of data as needed.
• Connect with other staff in the department to determine and collaborate on linkages between workforce development, adult education, economic mobility, and other areas of United Way’s work.
• Attend/participate in all team, department and organization wide meetings, staff retreats, trainings and professional development opportunities.
• Assist with reviewing grant proposals, provide meaningful feedback and provide input in funding process.
• Identify and share emergent or emergency needs in the community for funding consideration.
• From time to time provide programmatic updates at All Staff meetings.
• Assist with managing special project as needed and appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
External Stakeholder/Partner Relationship Management
• Communicate with external stakeholders as requested.
Foster innovation through piloting and sharing of potential best practices.
• Share and present the United Way Strategic Plan 2025 to relevant external groups and affirm United Way’s commitment to racial equity and community building.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 4-5 years of relevant experience
Proven experience in relationship building, problem solving
Excellent organizational skills
Effective listening and strong verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking skills
Strong people skills and an ability to relate to diverse groups and individuals.
Flexible and self-directed
Ability to move projects forward in a timely and responsive manner
demonstrate integrity by being accountable for actions, keeping commitments, and speaking honestly and truthfully with others
demonstrate an enthusiasm for professional development acquiring new skills and knowledge to enhance role
demonstrate a commitment to individual and team-based assignments
demonstrate quality assurance by producing accurate and thorough work
demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with others
demonstrate valuing the diversity of others’ opinions and experiences
demonstrate sound reasoning and good common sense
demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed customer expectations
demonstrate active participation in departmental, team, and full-staff meetings
This job description is intended to convey the essential functions of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org