Women’s Fund of Rhode Island (WFRI) is hiring for the Development Director position located in Providence, Rhode Island. The successful candidate will have qualifications and competencies in a variety of fundraising strategies, including grant writing, event management, peer to peer virtual campaigning, direct mail, sponsorships and individual donor stewardship. The ideal candidate will have values consistent with intersectional feminism, anti-racism, social justice, and participatory democracy.
Equity and inclusion are key values of our organization, and we continue to evolve to embody these values. As such, we recognize our responsibility to ensure our practices prioritize our values when hiring staff and vendors, recruiting board members/volunteers/fellows, investing resources, holding training, and advocating for policy change.
1. Manage policies, systems, and procedures that support timely and accurate donor and grant documentation/reporting and provide accurate information on which to grow a philanthropy program.
2. Expand and enhance fundraising activities that engage a growing donor and volunteer base representative of the diverse communities served by WFRI.
3. Develop and manage relationships that lead to high-level support from prospects. This encompasses solicitation strategies for each prospect to include gift-range, volunteer/staff assignments, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition.
4. Educate and engage philanthropic partners on giving through direct mail, brochures, web pages, and campaign materials that list available gift vehicles, benefits, and instructions for execution.
5. Utilize social media, online, and mobile giving tools to broaden philanthropic support.
6. Research, write and submit major gift requests and grant proposals to individuals, organizations, corporations, and foundations.
7. Work directly with the Events Committee to adequately cultivate, solicit, and acknowledge event sponsorships and paid marketing initiatives. Coordinate and execute sponsor benefits.
8. Engage with and develop volunteer relationships, and support increased volunteer leadership development related to fundraising.
● You are committed to WFRI’s mission of feminism, social, racial, and economic justice.
● You have at least three years of demonstrated experience in a variety of fundraising strategies, including grant writing, events planning, direct mail, peer to peer campaigns, annual and major gift stewardship.
● You are knowledgeable about moves management and donor cultivation strategies.
● You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
● You have strong organizational, project management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
● You have experience managing volunteers and developing leadership and engagement ladders.
● You have experience in persuading, influencing and motivating volunteers and donors.
● You have experience facilitating group discussions.
● You are self-directed with a commitment to building deep and lasting relationships with WFRI supporters, volunteers, partners, and grantees.
● Experience with Bloomerang CRM, Eventzilla and FundraiseUp desired but not required.
Compensation & Workplace Environment
This position is exempt and full-time with a salary range of $50,000-$70,000 plus health insurance and retirement contribution. This position reports to the CEO. Ability to work from home included, if desired (not required). You will be expected to physically attend events throughout Rhode Island.
Applying for this position
Please describe why you want to do this job and how you meet our desired qualifications in your cover letter. We plan to do callbacks and schedule the first round of interviews in early August. This position will be open until filled and will remain on our website until then. If the posting is still up, you should still apply!
Please submit a cover letter and resume (preferably through email) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail (not required) these documents to:
Kelly Nevins, CEO
Women’s Fund of Rhode Island
133 Delaine Street
Providence, RI 02909
For questions related to the position, you may email or call Kelly at 401-262-5657.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com