Assistant to the President
Website Bristol Community College
Assistant to the President
Department: Office of the President
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jan 23, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 158138
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision of advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner. If you share a passion for helping students succeed and enjoy working in a community of innovative, inclusive, and collaborative colleagues, Bristol is the place for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). We also offer tuition waiver discounts at the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions. More information can be found on our http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant to the President
DEPARTMENT: President’s Office
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: President of Bristol Community College
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Clerical staff as assigned
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant to the President provides comprehensive, confidential administrative support to the President and Chief of Staff and Strategy Development and serves as a liaison between the President’s Office and Board of Trustees, students, faculty, staff, alumni, the Bristol Community College Foundation, legislators and the community, among other constituents. The Assistant to the President oversees all aspects of the management of the President’s Office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in all matters related to the Office of the President, the Board of Trustees, students, personnel, and others, as well as highly sensitive material and information.
• Administer all office functions of the President, including but not limited to: managing the President’s schedule, preparing the office budget, ordering supplies, managing mail, greeting and directing visitors, arranging meetings, reserving facilities, coordinating hospitality, and making travel arrangements.
• Screen visitors and telephone calls, answer and refer inquires to appropriate parties, manage correspondence, prepare reports for various agencies, and determine when matters require immediate attention by the President.
• Draft routine and high-level correspondence and memos; proofread drafts and final copies of all correspondence prepared for the President’s signature.
• Track, anticipate, and prepare for upcoming deadlines, events and agenda items that require action by the President and Trustees.
• Coordinate all functions for the Board of Trustees, including but not limited to maintaining trustee data, scheduling meetings, preparing and posting agendas, taking notes at all Board and Board committee meetings, following up on Board actions, overseeing special projects, and maintaining and preserving accurate official files.
• Maintain current knowledge of the Board of Trustees bylaws, policies and procedures.
• Work closely with the Chair of the Board, the President’s Chief of Staff and Strategy Development, the Presidents’ offices of the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, as well as all areas of Bristol Community College to ensure efficient support for the President’s Office.
• Collaborate with the Executive Office of Education, the Governor’s Office of Boards and Commission, the Department of Higher Education, the Massachusetts Community College Counsel’s office, the Massachusetts Association of Community Colleges, and the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
• Interact with local and state leaders, legislators, and other public officials to maintain and foster good relationships with policy makers, business leaders, and key stakeholders.
• Assist in the coordination and implementation of special college events, both off-campus and on-campus, such as but not limited to luncheons, dinners, receptions, Foundation and donor meetings.
• Serve on the college’s Commencement Committee and provide support related to Commencement and the issuing of college awards and honorary degrees.
• Oversee and expend all budgets in the Trustee approved trust funds according to state guidelines, including expense reimbursements.
• Answer inquiries and refer issues to the appropriate office or person, following up to determine satisfaction with the response.
• Assess various situations to determine the importance, urgency, and potential risk involved; and make independent decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the college as a whole.
• Understand and adhere to the goals, values, mission, and vision of the department and college.
• Operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, printers, copiers, and fax machines; request maintenance and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
• Use software applications, including Microsoft Office 365 and video conferencing, to produce efficient electronic systems and documents.
• Use college’s management information system (MIS) software to run various reports and analyze data, including but not limited to student and program outcome data.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Hire, supervise, develop, and lead assigned clerical staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and expectations.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.*
• Minimum of three (3) years of related experience, which may include but is not limited to executive-level administrative support.*
• *An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and video conferencing software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated accuracy and dependability in the work environment, with a strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience analyzing data and preparing reports in order to support decision making.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Exercise significant independent judgment.
• Exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
• Manage multiple responsibilities and projects; including taking initiative and prioritizing competing tasks.
• Properly communicate across all college areas and with external entities.
• Work occasional nights and weekends to accommodate the Board of Trustees meetings and events.
• Work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrated experience with board governance and/or working with trustees.
• Understanding of academic institutions and culture, which may be demonstrated through professional work experience in higher education.
• Demonstrated experience supervising employees, preferably in an office environment.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: Hiring salary $76,000 – $85,000, commensurate with education and experience.
EXPECTED START DATE: April, 2023
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3972843
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.