Website Bristol Community College
Dean, Online Learning
Department: Academic Affairs-Online Learning
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jun 8, 2022
Closes: Jul 8, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 148749
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Dean, Online Learning
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs / Student Services and Enrollment Management
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River; position may be eligible for a weekly schedule of both in-person and remote work in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Responsible for supervision of assigned unit and non-unit professional staff.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Dean provides senior-level vision, leadership, and administrative direction to Bristol Online. As a core member of both Vice President’s leadership teams, the Dean ensures management and administrative oversight of, including but not limited to, all programs, services, staffing, and budgeting related to online learning operations, as well as builds partnerships with regional businesses and organizations to foster a college-going culture. The Dean leads strategic planning for Bristol Online and fosters innovation consistent with college strategic goals. The Dean works collaboratively across the college to ensure shared governance, transparency, and assessment practices while helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions to meet the evolving needs of the Bristol community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the advancement of college’s recruitment and retention efforts of online learners in conjunction with key administrators, faculty, and staff from Student Services and Enrollment Management, Academic Affairs, Administration and Finance, Marketing and Communications, and Information Technology that reflects high impact and evidence-based practices.
• Exhibit commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce.
• Hire, supervise, develop, and lead all assigned staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and expectations.
• Develop and oversee staff scheduling to ensure adequate coverage, both virtually and in-person, across all Bristol locations during college hours of operation.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Collaborate with the college’s academic and campus deans, as well as key leaders from Student Services and Enrollment Management, to determine program offerings and class schedules, as well as key academic and student support services.
• Foster a student-centered educational environment responsive to diverse learner needs.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Collaborate with union leadership to advance Bristol Online initiatives.
• Lead the development and implementation of Bristol Online’s strategic plan.
• Foster relationships with area schools, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, businesses, and community leaders to develop linkages and collaborative programs.
• Foster relationships across areas within Student Services and Enrollment Management to identify the unique needs of online learners and ensure student services and enrollment strategies are aligned appropriately.
• Collaborate with the Economic and Business Development area to schedule appropriate trainings and workforce development opportunities.
• Collaborate with Marketing & Communications to ensure appropriate branding and marketing of programs and events to online learners.
• Maintain responsiveness to a wide array of campus-related issues involving students, faculty, and building maintenance.
• Collaborate with the Bristol Foundation and Office of Grant Development to develop opportunities, write grant proposals, acquire scholarships, and promote events that support Bristol Online.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Represent the college at key events and through selected committees and working groups throughout the region.
• Analyze relevant data to track and report on needs and outcomes.
• Develop and manage the operating budget and fiscal expenditures regarding online learning.
• Oversee grant-funded initiatives, including the maintenance of accountability to funding agencies.
• Attend all college meetings, serve on assigned committees/councils, and participate as a member of the Academic Leadership Team and SSEM’s Vice President’s Leadership Team.
• Use Bristol’s digital communication tools, to include but not limited to: Bristol email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other Bristol social media tools, to advance the college’s social media outreach and brand to internal and external constituents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in higher education, instructional technology, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of college administration experience.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience and understanding of best practices in online higher education, including but not limited to organizational models, delivery approaches, digital media tools and academic technology/learning management platforms, staffing/personnel issues, and work flows.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated the inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
• Progressive leadership roles in higher education that demonstrate meeting established goals which provided technological, collaborative, and innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the goals and values of a community college.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated experience with Blackboard, Banner, EvaluationKit, or other similar online learning platforms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends.
• Demonstrated experience making presentations before diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting educational opportunity for diverse ethnic, social, and economic populations and in an urban campus environment.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Doctorate in higher education or related field.
• Experience supervising a diverse staff in a unionized environment.
• Familiarity with program assessment tools and processes, accreditation procedures, evaluation, and quality enhancement.
• A proven track record developing, organizing, successfully implementing, and managing new initiatives, including those related to academic technologies/online learning.
• Demonstrated experience with collection, analysis, and interpretation of data to inform and support decisions.
• Ability to synthesize information for most appropriate delivery to divergent audiences for clear understanding and compelling vision.
• Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization’s brand.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends are required.
SALARY: Hiring Salary $100,000 – $106,000, commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3135519
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.