Director, National Offshore Wind Institute
Website Bristol Community College
Director, National Offshore Wind Institute
Department: EBD – Economic & Business Development
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Feb 17, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 159184
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Director, National Offshore Wind Institute
DEPARTMENT: Economic and Business Development/National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI)
PRIMARY LOCATION: New Bedford (National Offshore Wind Institute, 198 Herman Melville Blvd)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Economic and Business Development
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Associate Director, NOWI and other staff as assigned
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Director of the National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI) provides leadership, accountability, and budgetary oversight of the NOWI facilities, staff, and equipment, among other duties. The Director will be responsible for course delivery of the NOWI’s Training Portfolio and related credentialing and training operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the National Offshore Wind Institute’s (NOWI) Training Portfolio and the associated certifications such as the Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
• Ensure that the NOWI is a one-stop location for workforce development programs and the associated requirements of the facility, equipment, Instructors, and curriculum.
• Oversee the NOWI’s facility and its operations, instructors and staff, equipment, simulators, and curriculum.
• Manage the periodic audits for certification for each training module/course and program such as for GWO accreditation.
• Ensure accountability and compliance for the facility’s equipment, including but not limited to management of purchasing, installation, and maintenance, while adhering to required safety standards.
• Oversee the Course Delivery and Planning of the NOWI’s Training Portfolio to ensure adherence with accreditation standards, and federal and state laws and regulations and in alignment with industry and client needs.
• Responsible for business development and outreach for training and other business-related opportunities.
• Develop additional marine-related health and safety training programs that are in alignment with NOWI’s mission and Training Portfolio.
• Responsible for oversight of NOWI staffing including recruitment, management, coaching, Train the Trainer requirements and professional development.
• Develop and maintain annual and monthly budgets for project plans, projected expenses, revenues and schedules for planning and scheduling purposes, in collaboration with the Vice President of Economic and Business Development.
• Prepare reports for the Vice President of Economic & Business Development related to NOWI operations, both fiscally and programmatically.
• Participate in conferences and client site visits as needs dictate; some travel will be required.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Provide a strategic marketing plan that utilizes Bristol’s digital communication tools and social media to attract clients and inform the community and industry of the NOWI’s programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree, related to areas such as facilities and staff management or project management*
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a leadership, operational or management role, including but not limited to: supervising and directing staff, maintaining a facility or managing training programs with instructors or staff.*
• Experience administering an educational and/or training program, tracking participants, and ensuring completion of program targets.*
• *An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and assignments in a fast-paced, customer-centric training environment.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal direction, including effective problem-solving skills that range from customer satisfaction to emergency management.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as virtual meeting platforms.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as business needs require.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field such as facility management, engineering or education.
• Demonstrated experience with management or supervision of a training facility.
• Demonstrated experience with program accreditation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Global Wind Organisation (GWO), or related industry safety.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends may be required.
SALARY: Hiring salary $97,500 – $107,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3925184
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.