Website Bristol Community College
Coordinator of Learning Resources – Learning Co…
Department: Academic Affairs-Library Learning Commons
Locations: Fall River or Taunton, MA
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 137395
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Coordinator of Learning Resources – Learning Commons Coordinator (part-time, up to two positions available)
DEPARTMENT: Library Learning Commons, Fall River or Taunton locations
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean of Library Learning Commons (LLC) for the Fall River campus or Dean of the Taunton Center
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Coordinator of Learning Resources – Learning Commons Coordinator supports students seeking tutoring and oversees the day-to-day operations for subject tutoring in one or more campus locations as assigned. Currently, two of these positions are available; one based primarily in Fall River and the other primarily based in Taunton, with travel between other locations as required. Duties include but are not limited to recruiting tutors, providing training on administrative procedures, and supervising tutors who provide academic support in-person at the designated campus location and/or online.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the day-to day operations for student academic assistance within the assigned LLC location and online, including but not limited to recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating subject tutors and desk staff.
• Collaborate with Library Learning Commons staff to develop programs, provide services, coordinate and solve problems as an integrated unit.
• Coordinate and monitor processes to connect students with learning services: provide intake, reminders, and general assistance to students.
• Resolve issues with students regarding scheduling and/or services.
• Ensure the collection and maintenance of electronic records (TutorTrac) and files.
• Participate in staff meetings and academic area meetings.
• Assist students with making tutoring appointments; inform and explain tutoring services, including but not limited to online and drop-in tutoring; refer students to other Bristol Community College services as appropriate; provide direct academic support as needed and appropriate.
• Aid LLC patrons by supporting circulation desk procedures, such as but not limited to checking in and checking out materials, answering questions about LLC information, and assisting with printer and photocopier.
• Collaborate with LLC staff to promote services and events.
• Work a set schedule of hours, which may include evenings and weekends, at one or more campus locations as assigned.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in education, English, math, liberal arts, or closely related field.*
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience and/or training that includes teaching in assigned specialty, nontraditional student instruction, program management, and personal computer operations.*
• * An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Office 365 applications, and videoconferencing tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to work nights and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022.
• Degree in student affairs, counseling, cognitive psychology, or learning science.
• Demonstrated experience in an academic support role in higher education, preferably program leadership in a tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, or similar peer-assisted learning role.
• Demonstrated experience in developing programs or creating social learning environments.
• Demonstrated success in supporting community college students from underrepresented groups, including students from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, first-generation-to-college students, adult students and low-income students.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to academic support services.
• Demonstrated experience with TutorTrac, EAB Student Success Collaborative/GradesFirst, or other tutoring center scheduling or data management software.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a MCCC/MTA, part time, non-benefitted, unit position, working up to 18.5 hours per week, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: $30.03 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2527464
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.