Website Bristol Community College
Special Programs Coordinator – Learning Innovat…
Department: Academic Affairs-Online Learning
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Sep 21, 2021
Closes: Oct 21, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 137139
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Special Programs Coordinator – Learning Innovation Designer
DEPARTMENT: Center for Instructional Technology Expertise
REPORTS TO: Dean of Online Learning
POSITION STATUS: This is a MCCC/MTA, full time, unit position with benefits. This position is subject to grant appropriations; expected duration of the position is up to 24 months.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Bristol Community College is in the process of strengthening its online learning offerings and seeks to provide equitable access to online courses and robust faculty support. This encompasses supporting faculty from all backgrounds and technology skill levels through collaboration, consistency, training and development, innovation, and transparency.
The Learning Innovation Designer will work closely with faculty and support staff to design high-quality learning experiences that align to program-level outcomes, course competencies, and learning objectives. The position will, in addition to other duties, also support full-time and adjunct faculty with both course content and curriculum development for the online environment, online Learning Management Systems training, outcomes assessment, equity and inclusion initiatives, Open Educational Resources (OER) advocacy, and student engagement. Furthermore, this position contributes to the selection and implementation of technology tools and applications, using data driven decisions to suggest enhancements to course development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist faculty in the design and development of engaging, interactive, and effective online courses that address various learning styles and are accessible to all students.
• Identify and communicate best practices for applying teaching and learning theories and instructional technologies to curriculum design.
• Evaluate diverse individual and department training needs in the area of instructional technology, such as LMS, recommending individual education plans for faculty.
• Provide thorough course quality assurance reviews ensuring that online courses are built according to standard design principles.
• Research, write, and produce clear documentation, reports, and other instructional materials (websites, multimedia, and online tutorials) to support faculty learning.
• Maintain professional knowledge in online education, instructional technology, learning analytics, universal design principles, and FERPA regulations.
• Plan and coordinate training opportunities and programs in collaboration with the Center for Instructional Technology Expertise and Center for Teaching and Learning.
• Exercise compliance in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and, in conjunction with the Office of Disability Services (ODS), support appropriate, equitable access for persons with physical and intellectual disabilities as an intentional effort to support an environment of inclusion.
• Report regularly to key stakeholders on the progress of course development projects.
• Serve on college committees.
• Adhere to college and departmental policies and procedures throughout all job duties.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Travel to all Bristol locations as needed to respond to business needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field such as instructional design, organizational development, or learning analytics.*
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience and/or training involving area of assignment, which may include business management, program/project management, curriculum development, education, non-traditional student services.*
• *An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
• Demonstrated experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
• Demonstrated experience developing training curriculum to enhance the capabilities of participants with a ride range of learning capacities.
• Strong familiarity with a research-based framework for online course development.
• Demonstrated experience in web development and multimedia recording, as well as editing skills and basic knowledge of online course development.
• Demonstrated experience supporting both Windows and Mac platforms.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple levels of institution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and team-oriented management.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022.
• Degree in instructional design, education, or learning analytics.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in instructional design, education, or learning analytics.
• Demonstrated experience in a higher education environment within an instructional design or instructional technology role.
• Demonstrated experience with Blackboard Learn and/or Quality Matters.
• Demonstrated professional experience at a community college.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Open Educational Resources (OERs).
• College-level teaching experience demonstrating use of educational technology, such as a learning management system.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary $51,719; Labor Grade 4 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the https://mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdfhttps:/mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdf. Please refer to the New Hire Tables in the CBA for more information.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2514029
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.