Website Bristol Community College
Administrative Assistant I
Department: EBD – Business Solutions & Partnerships
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jul 26, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 165156
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision of advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner. If you share a passion for helping students succeed and enjoy working in a community of innovative, inclusive, and collaborative colleagues, Bristol is the place for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). We also offer tuition waiver discounts at the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions. More information can be found on our http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant I
DEPARTMENT: Economic and Business Development
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Director, Business Solutions and Partnerships
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Administrative Assistant I provides administrative support to Business Solutions and Partnerships (BS&P) and its programs, including but not limited to: Career & Technical Trainings, Corporate Trainings, and Professional Development. The Administrative Assistant I coordinates the day-to-day operations with efficiency and professionalism, implements special projects under the supervision of the Director, and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative support for day-to-day operations for the Director of Business Solutions and Partnerships (BS&P) and team; Provides backup to one other Administrative Assistant in BS&P, as necessary.
• Manage the daily operations of Business Solutions and Partnerships programs and trainings, such as but not limited to; Corporate Trainings, Career & Technical Trainings, Professional Development, special projects, meetings, conferences, and roundtables.
• Serve as a main point of contact for the diverse Bristol community, students, clients and staff, by providing high quality customer service through professional communication and problem-solving skills.
• Collaborate with staff, instructors, and faculty, and act as a liaison to Business Solutions and Partnerships; including, but not limited to: gathering information and documentation from staff, instructors and faculty regarding course and program information, training materials and other supplies required to implement training.
• Manage and maintain online course development, course registrations, attendance rosters and evaluations in the college’s MIS software, including but not limited to Argos and Banner; track all activities in BSP’s Customer Relationship software (CRM) platforms (Course Storm and Salesforce).
• Manage and track all fiscal responsibilities affiliated with course delivery; file appropriately for reconciliation of budgets.
• Originate and process forms for expenditures such as e-RFEs, POs, grant related activities and budget modifications as requested.
• Originate and process Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) related to the hiring, re-hiring, and termination of instructors and faculty, under the supervision of the Associate Directors; assist with the management of PAF tracking to ensuring all parties have signed off on terms and agreements, store final contracts.
• Develop instructor and faculty contracts, manage processing of contracts, ensuring all parties have signed off on terms and agreements; store final contracts.
• Request and submit, in a timely manner, all CRNs for all trainings, per the Registrar policy, and in collaboration with the Registrar; update CRNs as needed.
• Prepare and distribute correspondence, reports, records, memoranda, and other departmental documents for internal and external meetings, and other.
• Assist clients and students to comply with unique requirements per specific training; including but not limited to: regulations per training, qualifications per training and background checks per training; ensure client and student information remains confidential.
• Assist corporate and community partners with unique requests to deliver training off-site at company/partner locations and support specific training and registration needs as requested.
• Assist with all third-party vendor activities, including but not limited to; ed2go, MindEdge and others; perform all necessary activities per college to comply with Student Accounts and Finance.
• Assist with development and maintenance of department’s policies and procedures in relation to class process and improvement.
• Answer, track, and manage telephone calls and e-mail inquiries on behalf of the department
• Receive and distribute incoming mail and packages to appropriate individuals within the department.
• Maintain office equipment, track and purchase office supplies and other.
• Monitor the department’s website for appropriate communication and customer service; assist and support the department with social media tools and efforts.
• Stay current with college procedures for enrollment and general support services by attending regularly scheduled all college meetings and other college wide trainings.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
An Associate or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience. *
An Associate or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience. *
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated skills in the use of software applications and computer equipment.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management, including customer service and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of the methods of general report writing.
Demonstrated ability to:
• Exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and to make appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to gather information through questioning individuals and by examining records and documents.
• Ability to write concisely, to express thoughts clearly and to develop ideas in logical sequence.
• Determine proper format and procedure for assembling items of information.
• Deal tactfully with others.
• Ability to establish rapport and maintain harmonious working relationships with persons from varied ethnic, cultural and/or economic backgrounds.
• Minimum of an Associate degree.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Demonstrated experience working in a higher education setting.
• Working knowledge of Banner, ARGOS, Salesforce, Microsoft 365, and/or EMS Scheduler.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, state funded, AFSCME, unit-classified position with benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION: http://www.mass.edu/shared/documents/classificationspecs/specspers/Administrative Assistant Series.doc
SALARY: AFSCME Unit 01, Grade 15, Step 1 $47,338.98 annually. Appointments from outside the bargaining unit begin at Step 1.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Officer, Emmanuel Echevarria at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2682; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4548857
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.