Website Bristol Community College
Locations: Taunton, MA
Posted: May 20, 2022
Closes: Jun 19, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 147968
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Admissions Coordinator
PRIMARY LOCATION: Taunton; position may be eligible for a weekly schedule of both in-person and remote work in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Admissions
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment support of students within Bristol County and beyond. The Admissions Coordinator collaborates with colleagues across the college to facilitate and maintain relationships with K-12 schools, professional organizations, businesses, and other community agencies interested in higher education within the region.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cultivate and facilitate recruitment opportunities with community partners (K-12, agencies, businesses, etc.); provide information on college opportunities and admission procedures/activities.
• Communicate and follow up with leads to support their enrollment; monitor, track and report on applicant progress and status of conversion rates.
• Utilize Banner, Argos, Slate and related software to access data and identify recruitment trends (leads, inquiries, applicants, admits, registered admits) for region, collaborate with Admissions leadership and campus leadership to leverage data for strategic recruitment and enrollment initiatives.
• Collaborate with colleagues in Academic Affairs to promote academic programs, supporting the recruitment and enrollment of students into programs and certificates.
• Organize and host information sessions, presentations, and recruitment activities on campus, virtually and off-site in support of building a college-going culture in Bristol county.
• Provide admission and enrollment support to inquiries, applicants and enrolled students via email, telephone, walk-in visits or appointments (virtual and in person).
• Evaluate applications of prospective students; determine eligibility of applicants into competitive programs.
• Evaluate college transcripts for transfer credits; determine which courses/credits can be transferred to student’s Bristol record.
• Contribute to planning, implementation, training and utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (e.g. Slate) for Admissions department as determined by Admissions leadership.
• Maintain professional knowledge of admissions best practices and current knowledge of applicable state, federal, and local laws/regulations.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Education, Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Liberal Arts, or closely related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience and/or training involving college admissions, transfer credit evaluation, or academic counseling/advisement.
• *An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications, student information systems, CRM and reporting databases.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Demonstrated experience working with traditional (high school graduate) and non-traditional student populations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and present presentations to small (5-10) and large (100+) audiences at events hosted at Bristol, as well as within the community.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity, and student success practices.
• Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization’s brand.
• Experience working in a community college setting.
• Experience with Banner, Argos, and/or Slate.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English, with a preference for Spanish or Portuguese.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is an MCCC/MTA, full time, unit position with benefits.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: July 2022
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary $64,615 – $74,077 – Labor Grade 6 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the https://mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdf, which may result in a higher salary than the stated range. Please refer to the New Hire Tables in the CBA for more information.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3152814
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.