Website Bristol Community College
Assistant Director, Networking and Telecommunic…
Department: Information and Technology Services
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Sep 15, 2022
Closes: Sep 25, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 153261
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director, Networking and Telecommunications
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services (ITS)
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Director of Network, Security and Client Services
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Assistant Director, Networking and Telecommunications oversees support and management for, but not limited to, the college’s production servers; data network, including switches, routers, cabling, and firewalls; telecommunications; Windows Server Active Directory administration; and design and implementation of backup and recovery procedures for the server and storage environments. The Assistant Director, Networking and Telecommunications ensures industry standards and security best practices are enforced to protect the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of college electronic data and technology resources. This position is required to perform occasional off-hours work during nights and weekends, both for urgent issues and on-call needs, as well as for maintenance that is required outside of normal business hours. This position will also require travel between college locations on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, install, and maintain the college network and communications infrastructure for Ethernet, wireless services, and voice (VoIP).
• Maintain components of Active Directory including but not limited to: users and groups, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Group Policy.
• Plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot Windows servers, client workstations, and network peripherals.
• Perform tasks necessary to maintain the efficiency, security and integrity of college systems through troubleshooting hardware and software problems and system failures.
• Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
• Maintain accurate documentation of procedures for all applicable equipment.
• Serve as backup to other positions within Information Technology Services as appropriate.
• As required, travel between college locations to complete duties.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent from a college or technical school with course work in computer science/information systems.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in network administration, which may include coursework/internships as a student, that demonstrates experience and understanding of routing principles and protocols, switching concepts, and security design.
• Strong understanding of Windows server administration which includes management of user accounts and groups, DHCP, DNS, patching, and/or upgrades.
• Strong understanding of fundamental networking; including but not limited to equipment (routers and switches), cabling, communication protocols (TCP/IP, ARP, HTTP, SMTP), routing concepts, DHCP, DNS, and/or VLANs.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Demonstrated customer service skills including excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, training, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to lift and move technology equipment.
• Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends as need dictates.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Experience supporting/troubleshooting an enterprise Active Directory environment, including NTFS permissions and Group Policies.
• Experience supporting an enterprise level wireless network including controller configuration, access point deployment, and security concerns.
• Experience, coursework, training and/or certification in VMware technologies.
• Experience implementing/supporting hardware-based firewalls.
• Experience with physical network installations including cabling and rack mounting of equipment.
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Powershell, PowerCLI, Bash scripting or other scripting experience.
• Demonstrated skill at quickly diagnosing system hardware and software issues and the ability to take or recommend corrective action.
• Experience with Office 365 administration and application concepts.
• Knowledge of SQL databases such as Oracle or MySQL.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits. Some nights and weekends will be required for urgent issues.
SALARY: Hiring salary $75,000-$80,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3456549
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.