Website Bristol Community College
Associate Director, Advising and Transfer Services
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jan 20, 2022
Closes: Jul 1, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 141796
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, Advising and Transfer Services
DEPARTMENT: Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM)
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River; this position may be eligible for a hybrid telework schedule in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Advising and Transfer Services
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Assigned unit and non-unit staff of the Advising and Transfer Services teams.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Associate Director, Advising and Transfer Services provides leadership in the day-to-day operations and management of Advising and Transfer Services, among other duties. By assessing and evaluating services and programs, the Associate Director serves a critical function in operationalizing the strategic vision and goals of the department. In the spirit of transparency and shared governance, the Associate Director engages in active collaboration and partnerships across the institution to implement policies, processes, and operating procedures with the primary objective of supporting student retention, persistence, and completion. The Associate Director supervises assigned Advising and Transfer Services staff, creates schedules, develops informational materials to be used by advisors, and generates reports detailing departmental progress and outputs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of Advising and Transfer Services including, but not limited to, facilitating the advisor assignment process and creating advisor schedules as prescribed by college policy and the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Serve as the liaison to other departments and collaborators across the institution, including the Student Success Center and faculty advisors; provide timely communication and serve as a resource for these areas as they support student advisees.
• Generate regular reports that detail departmental progress and outputs toward strategic goals and objectives.
• Coordinate and provide advisor training to new and current faculty members, professional staff, academic deans, and adjunct faculty at all Bristol locations.
• Maintain professional knowledge in advising theory and proactive advising strategies, FERPA regulations, and college policy and procedure.
• Implement a communication strategy to increase knowledge and awareness of Advising and Transfer Services; ensure timely and accurate information is posted to various platforms and publications, including but not limited to the Bristol website and app, social media, the SSEM newsletter, and Bristol Weekly.
• Collaborate with the Director of Admissions to implement strategies that support students through the enrollment process, including advising and registration, transfer credit evaluation, and major exploration.
• Create informational materials to be used by advisors at all Bristol locations.
• Implement technological resources and systems that scale, amplify, and measure department program and service efforts, in partnership with Information Technology Services, Registrar’s Office and Marketing and Communications.
• Assist in preparing and monitoring annual budgets for departmental programs and activities.
• Ensure departmental policies, procedures, and protocols are in compliance with local, state, and federal policies and guidelines.
• Develop and implement proactive advising processes that support students’ academic goals. Ensure programmatic alignment with college curriculum, First Year Experience, guided pathways, and General Studies Meta-Majors.
• Hire, supervise, develop, and lead assigned Advising and Transfer Services staff. Conduct regular performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement and identify potential opportunities for growth. Work closely with Human Resources to develop staff capabilities and expectations.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Use Bristol’s digital communication tools, including but not limited to: email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media tools to advance Bristol’s social media outreach and brand.
• Serve on various leadership councils for Student Services and Enrollment Management; lead and serve on various college committees, as needed.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s equity agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in student personnel, counseling, education, or a closely related field required.
• Minimum of three years of related experience in a student affairs, student services, or enrollment management area, such as Advising, First-Year Programs, Career Services, and/or Admissions.
• Successful history of collaboration with others across divisions to build effective relationships, particularly with Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic Affairs, Communications, and Information Technology.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and organization skills that reflect inclusiveness, adaptiveness, and flexibility.
• Demonstrated commitment to achieving equitable outcomes for all students through upholding the community college mission and serving the needs of first-generation and historically excluded populations.
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of shared governance and transparency.
• Demonstrated commitment to embracing and serving the needs of a diverse community, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Prior experience working at a multi-campus community college.
• Experience working with one or more of the following software packages: Ellucian Banner, Degree Works, Maxient, Technolutions/Slate, Blackboard, College Scheduler, EAB/Navigate, and Starfish.
• Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization’s brand.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: Hiring salary $65,000 – $75,000, commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3154416
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.