Website Bristol Community College
Basic Technical Training Instructor, National O…
Economic & Business Development Instructors
Department: EBD – Economic & Business Development
Locations: New Bedford, MA
Posted: Oct 7, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 154230
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Basic Technical Training Instructor, National Offshore Wind Institute (up to 3 positions available)
DEPARTMENT: Economic and Business Development – National Offshore Wind Institute
PRIMARY LOCATION: New Bedford (National Offshore Wind Institute, 198 Herman Melville Blvd)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, NOWI or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Instructors for the National Offshore Wind Institute (NOWI) are individuals with diverse skillsets committed to a safe training environment. Basic Technical Training Instructors will focus on teaching in course content areas, such as, but not limited to: Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical systems.
Please note that Basic Technical Training Instructors will be trained to required industry standards upon appointment, which may include out-of-state training for an extended period of time. Continuation of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the training. As a condition of employment, the incumbent who successfully completes the training program shall enter into a written commitment indicating that they shall return to the service of the College for a minimum of 24 months from the date of training completion.
Bristol Community College’s National Offshore Wind Institute provides high quality, market-responsive training and professional development to support the evolving training demands of the region. We serve the public and private sector and individuals striving to obtain employment by providing career focused competencies and training opportunities for pathways into college and career.
Courses may be offered in online, hybrid, or face-to-face modalities at the NOWI. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends, but typically are held during weekday business hours from 7:00 AM – 6:00PM.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate as Instructor/Support Instructor and Role Player in scenario-based training.
• Ensure course materials are up-to-date according to relevant standards.
• Ensure all relevant courses are thoroughly prepared and conducted, including but not limited to the preparation of all necessary resources and classroom set-up.
• Ensure all equipment and materials for practical exercises are maintained and in good condition in coordination with maintenance schedule and relevant course standards.
• Support management, administration and commercial requests and decisions.
• Be informed of and in compliance with Bristol Community College policies, risk assessments and work instructions.
• Report on safety, maintenance and equipment concerns.
• Communicate with administration for items such as, but not limited to, course bookings and certification.
• Participate in relevant course meetings and personnel training.
• Participate in continued professional development to ensure qualifications and competencies are maintained.
• Manage and report all student attendance, grading, and other course-related records within the time frame set by the guidelines set by the Global Wind Organization for WINDA uploads.
• As needed, serve as back-up/support for Basic Safety Training Instructors during peak times.
• Complete required college employee trainings such as, but not limited to, Title IX, FERPA, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Information Security.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience in mechanical, electrical, and/or hydraulic systems and installation and/or experience working with fiberglass/composite materials.
• Must pass an approved physical evaluation, which may include but is not limited to meeting and maintaining specific weight requirements of tower ladders under OSHA and/or industry standards of 250 to 300 lbs. max, including personal protective equipment (approx. 30-35lbs).
• Must be comfortable working in confined space(s), at height, and in an aquatic environment.
• Demonstrated experience as an instructor/trainer/manager in specified area of content.
• Demonstrated proficiency with technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office 365 applications and virtual meeting technology (e.g., Zoom, Teams, and/or GoToMeeting).
• Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills, using technology as a mode of presentation.
• May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Demonstrated proficiency with electrical test equipment and reading schematics.
• Demonstrated experience testing electrical components and systems, as well as mechanical or hydraulic systems.
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions.
• Knowledge of the wind energy industry and key safety aspects, especially as relevant for the certification.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits.
SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3638212
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.