Website Bristol Community College
Full Time Faculty/Academic Fieldwork Coordinato…
Department: Academic Affairs-Health Sciences
Locations: New Bedford, MA
Posted: May 9, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 161340
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision of advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner. If you share a passion for helping students succeed and enjoy working in a community of innovative, inclusive, and collaborative colleagues, Bristol is the place for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). We also offer tuition waiver discounts at the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions. More information can be found on our http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Full Time Instructor / Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Health Sciences
PRIMARY LOCATION: New Bedford, MA
REPORTS TO: Dean, Health Sciences and Nursing or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC) supports the mission of Bristol Community College, working closely with the Department Chair and faculty of the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program and Dean for Health Sciences. As a member of the OTA program, the AFWC initiates OTA fieldwork experiences that influence the future of the occupational therapy profession, create positive social change, serve others, and create unique learning opportunities in preparation for today’s healthcare market. Experience as a COTA or supervising COTAs is required. As a full-time faculty member, the AFC procures fieldwork sites, provides development to fieldwork educators, monitors student fieldwork progress, and teaches and mentors students. The AFWC ensures the OTA program’s compliance with Level I and Level II experiences with ACOTE standards and the program objectives and collaborates with faculty and fieldwork educators to strengthen the ties between didactic and fieldwork education. This role will receive reassignment time to complete fieldwork coordinator duties. Duties include but are not limited to procurement, development and evaluation of fieldwork sites, communication with fieldwork sites and supervisors, site visits, student placement and supervision. Maintains current clinical database through use of EXXAT and Formstack software, memorandum of understanding, and ensures student compliance with all program requirements such as Immunization compliance, CORIs, SORIs, BLS, and all requirements for fieldwork placement. The AFWC will also teach courses in the OTA curriculum and will fulfill the job responsibilities of full-time faculty members, including program advisement and service to the College. The AFWC works with the OTA Program Chair.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review annually and maintain updated fieldwork policies and procedures that ensure compliance with the Standards for an Accredited Educational Program for the Occupational Therapy Assistant.
• Document all fieldwork experiences that are provided to students, including mechanisms for formal evaluation of student performance.
• Ensure the fieldwork experience is designed to promote clinical reasoning and reflective practice, to transmit the values and beliefs that enable ethical practice, and to develop professionalism and competence in career responsibilities.
• Collaborate closely with practicum and clinical instructors to develop fieldwork experiences that most closely match the course learning objectives.
• Support the academic mission of the OTA program and the college as a whole.
• Assign all eligible students a fieldwork experience.
• Maintain documented current immunization status according to Program policy.
• Develop and maintain contracts and agreements with fieldwork sites.
• Maintain a collaborative relationship with fieldwork educators. This includes making regular, periodic contacts with fieldwork educators at sites where students are attending.
• Visit fieldwork sites regularly.
• Identify and develop new sites for fieldwork education that provide the best match with the Program’s mission and philosophy and opportunities for the application of concepts presented in the classroom.
• Assist with the development and implementation of policies for the withdrawal of students from fieldwork education placement when necessary.
• Orient students to the general protocol for fieldwork experiences and provide them with the appropriate resources associated with fieldwork selection; Reassign students who do not complete original fieldwork assignments in accordance with OTA Program and College policies.
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
• Contribute to the advertising and promotion of the OTA program through an interdisciplinary approach.
• Review the quality and appropriateness of fieldwork experiences (facilities, fieldwork educators, intervention types, etc.) by considering student feedback, site visits and other information in order to make recommendations for continued partnerships.
• Facilitate the resolution of fieldwork issues affecting the student’s academic performance.
• Advise students regarding fieldwork site selection.
• Ensure that student fieldwork attendance hours meet or exceed the Program’s requirements.
• Assist fieldwork educators with students who require special accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Coordinate educational opportunities for clinical instructors.
• Ensure the ratio of fieldwork educators to student(s) enables proper supervision and the ability to provide frequent assessment of student progress in achieving stated fieldwork objectives.
• Teach OTA courses in accordance with the policies and procedures of the College.
• Provide academic advisement for students in the OTA program.
• Provide service to the program, Department, and College, including participating in recruitment activities and committee work.
• Participate in the ongoing review and improvement of the OTA curriculum.
• Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
• Attend program, department, academic area, all-college and committee/council meetings.
• Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Other duties as assigned to meet the mission of the College
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Current MA Certified OTA with an earned bachelor’s degree (if an OTA) or Masters (if an OTR).
• A minimum of three (3) years in clinical practice.
• Experience with OTA students and/or with OTA.
• Travel is an expectation and requirement of the position. Site visits to clinical locations are often required to assess the suitability of the site and to monitor student’s performance. Visits to sites may be initiated by the site, student, or the Fieldwork Coordinator.
• Commitment to the College and OTA Program’s mission and philosophy.
• Thorough knowledge of ACOTE regulations pertaining to fieldwork.
• Ability to work collaboratively with course instructors and support staff.
• Ability to work independently without close supervision.
• Knowledge of current developments in the field.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to speak, read, and write the English language effectively.
• Ability to present a positive and professional image when representing the college.
• Ability to safeguard confidential information.
• Ability to perform all the essential functions outlined.
• Demonstrated engagement in student success initiatives.
• A minimum of one year of experience teaching in higher education is preferred.
• Commitment to promoting equitable outcomes for OTA students.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity and student success practices.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
• Demonstrated knowledge and consistent experience in using varied social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization that has proven to increase the digital footprint of the organization’s brand.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. This is an academic year position. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, depending on the selected candidate’s experience. Some evening and/or weekend hours may be requested. Travel to off-site clinical agencies is required.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2023
SALARY: $44,168 – $58,553 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Officer, Emmanuel Echevarria at mailto:email@example.com or 774.357.2682; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4548708
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.