Website Bristol Community College
Full-Time Faculty- Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing for the Part-Time/Evening Program (Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
Department: Academic Affairs-Health Sciences
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jan 11, 2022
Closes: Feb 10, 2022 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 141446
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Faculty- Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing for the Part-Time/Evening Program (Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean of Nursing or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Full-Time Faculty – Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing will teach a full-time schedule of nursing courses, which may include, but are not limited to the list found online in the https://bristol.cleancatalog.net/, as well as required clinical assignments within our region. Courses may be held in the classroom at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro, and Taunton locations; in the hybrid or online environment; and/or via other modalities as assigned. This position will include evening and weekend hours to meet the needs of the program, and will include year-round teaching with additional compensation for winter session and summer session course coverage.
This position may be eligible to serve in the role of the Program Coordinator for the Part-Time Evening program, including but not limited to development of the part-time evening/weekend program and teaching within it, and providing academic and administrative leadership of the part-time evening/weekend Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program in conjunction with Associate Dean of Nursing and the First-Year and Second-Year Leads, Coordinator of Nursing Equity and Success and the Department Chair. The Coordinator will assist with recruiting, orienting and training department members; as well as contributing to curriculum development initiatives, program accreditation and program development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Team-teach lecture courses, teach courses individually, and supervise a clinical group; perform all functions related to clinical assignments.
• Make clinical assignments and detailed nursing care plans for students.
• Within the nursing faculty team, assume responsibility for instruction in medical surgical nursing theory and clinical courses.
• Recommend suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions by working with the faculty team.
• Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues, to teach online as needed, and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
• Engage in effective academic advising and student support by providing strategies that empower students to meet their goals.
• Develop appropriate discipline-related courses and evaluation materials consistent with the framework of the nursing department and in accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (MABORN) and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
• Post and maintain weekly office hours in accordance with the MCCC contract.
• Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
• Actively participate in program, department, academic area, all-college, and committee/council meetings.
• Fully participate in all components necessary for program, institutional, state compliance and ACEN accreditation.
• Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
• Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom; maintain nursing licensure by participating in appropriate continuing education (CEU’s).
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Actively participate in the general college community to fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC contract.
• Participate in student recruitment activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the MCCC contract.
If Appointed as Program Coordinator:
• Facilitate curriculum development and the delivery of engaging instruction in collaboration with faculty to effectively prepare qualified students to be safe, thoughtful and collaborative nurses.
• Assist with the hire, assign, develop and lead all nursing staff, including full-time, adjunct, and clinical faculty, professional staff and clerical support.
• Promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports the professional growth of staff while fostering a commitment to service excellence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Unrestricted Massachusetts nursing license in good standing, or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire, as demonstrated by current credentials and standing with other state licensing agency.
• Minimum of a Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) or related field.
• Demonstrated clinical experience in medical surgical nursing within the last two (2) years.
• Demonstrated teaching experience and skills at the college level in nursing, as well as clinical teaching experience in a medical surgical nursing setting.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and online teaching, as well as technology and computer applications common in nursing practice and education.
• Strong experience in curricular planning and assessment, as well as demonstrated use of High Impact Practices, technologies, and inclusive pedagogy to enhance student learning.
• Demonstrated experience working within nursing teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must submit to a background check (including a CORI/SORI) and drug screening as a condition of employment.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/ Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Doctorate in related field preferred.
• Experience in community college teaching (including didactic and clinical courses), advising, and/or program and curriculum development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard, Banner, Argos, and/or DegreeWorks.
• Demonstrated experience working on committees and within teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, depending on the selected candidate’s experience.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2022
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary $59,544 to $69,677 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with thehttps://mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdfhttps:/mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdf. Please refer to the New Hire Tables in the CBA for more information. For teaching during winter sessions and summer sessions, additional compensation will be available for per contract.
This position may be eligible for additional compensation as Program Coordinator, which would include working with accreditors and related reporting.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) Those interviewed will be required to present a 20 minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions. Selected candidate will also be required to provide documentation of MA nursing licensure.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2773534
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.