Website Bristol Community College
Maintainer I – First Shift (up to 3 positions available)
Department: Administration and Finance-Facilities
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Aug 16, 2021
Closes: Aug 26, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 135353
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Maintainer I – First Shift (up to 3 positions available)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Custodial Maintenance
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Maintainer I performs custodial work for any Bristol campus buildings and grounds, which may include locations in Attleboro, Fall River, Taunton, and New Bedford.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clean offices, classrooms, restrooms, corridors, elevators, hallways, and other specialized spaces.
• Empty and clean recycling containers, waste barrels, and all other waste and trash receptacles.
• Move supplies, furniture, and equipment.
• Set up and break down furniture in support of all college operations and events.
• Clean, wax, and buff all hard surface floors; shampoo, vacuum, and maintain carpets and upholstery.
• Keep simple records, such as maintenance logs or inventory counts, and utilize software to complete tasks as needed.
• Unlock and lock doors as needed.
• Replace electrical lamps.
• Wash windows, woodwork, toilets, lavatories, and fixtures.
• Dust and polish furniture.
• Make simple repairs.
• Clean and maintain all custodial equipment as assigned.
• Maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf; spread mulch, fertilize lawns, weed, water, plant, etc.; operate hand tools, such as saws, pruners, weed whackers, trimmers, aerators, tractors, hedge clippers, leaf blowers, rakes, etc.
• Sweep and clean sidewalks.
• Remove snow and ice from walkways and building entrances.
• Focus on customer service protocols when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Apply equity best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Follow verbal and written instructions.
• Physical stamina and endurance, including the ability to lift and carry heavy objects.
• Climb and work on ladders and scaffolding.
• Understand and apply the procedures and guidelines governing Facilities activities.
• Work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years of custodial experience in a college or similar educational institution.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Working knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment commonly used in cleaning operations, such as floor strippers, auto scrubbers, high speed burnishers, etc.
• Knowledge of the standard record keeping and inventory control techniques.
• Ability to operate a lawn mower, tractor, snow blowers, salt spreaders, shovels, salt, deicers, etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (email), and other types of facilities software, such as SchoolDude (work orders).
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, state funded, AFSCME, unit-classified position with benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: The standard schedule for this position is 40 hours per week; Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, with some opportunity for overtime. This is an essential personnel position during assigned shifts.
CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION: http://www.mass.edu/shared/documents/classificationspecs/specspers/Maintainer%20Series.doc
SALARY: AFSCME Unit II, Grade 9, Step 1 $34,642.14 annually. Appointments from outside the bargaining unit begin at Step 1.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2451124
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.