Website Bristol Community College
Senior Financial Aid Counselor
Department: SSEM-Financial Aid
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jul 12, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 150220
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Financial Aid Counselor
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Aid Counseling
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:The Senior Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for processing student financial aid files and determining student eligibility for federal and state financial aid funds. Typical duties will include, but are not limited to, meeting with students to provide information about financial aid programs and assisting students to complete necessary applications and forms. The Senior Financial Aid Counselor conducts workshops on and off campus, presenting pertinent information in regards to the availability of financial aid. They will work collaboratively with the Financial Aid staff, as well as other college personnel to deliver student centered services, with an emphasis on customer service and the use of technology to facilitate access to and encourage student retention. This position will be primarily based in Fall River, and may offer support at other Bristol locations as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review, evaluate, and assess student financial aid application data to determine eligibility by verifying income and ensuring compliance with other U.S. Department of Education and MA Board of Higher Education eligibility guidelines.
• Represent the Financial Aid office at evening and weekend enrollment events.
• Review student files for financial aid award package.
• Coordinate federal, state, and institutional grant/scholarship and loan programs.
• Counsel students and appropriate family members on available financial aid opportunities.
• Assist students and families through the FAFSA and verification process.
• Provide information and guidance to students and families regarding unique circumstances impacting financial aid eligibility.
• Reconcile various award accounts for compliance.
• Function as Subject Matter Expert for policies and procedures related to the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) State Aid Programs.
• Coordinate preparation, certification, and payment of MA state aid programs.
• Provide counseling and support to student loan borrowers related to responsible borrowing and entrance and exit counseling; coordinate activities and outreach with a focus on student and borrower success.
• Conduct workshops and present financial aid and financial literacy information at college events, high schools, and community agencies.
• Participate and present in Paloozas and other Enrollment events on- and off-campus.
• Provide a positive customer service experience to each student requiring financial aid assistance.
• Continually participate in technology upgrade training and implementation as required.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• One of the following education and experience requirements must be met. Please note that an equivalent combination of education, training and experience shall be considered.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Accounting, Human Services, or closely related field and minimum of four (4) years of experience and/or training involving financial aid operations or student loan processing.
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Accounting, Human Services, or closely related field and minimum of two (2) years of experience and/or training involving financial aid operations or student loan processing.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated experience working with the public in a customer service setting.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Banner, Argos, or similar student information systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated experience in a higher education setting, preferably at a community college.
• Demonstrated experience with the MA state aid programs as they pertain to financial aid.
• Familiarity with financial aid forms and procedures.
• Experience in a financial aid office.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is an MCCC/MTA, full time, unit position with benefits.
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary $52,754 – $56,320 – Labor Grade 4 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the http://https://mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdfhttps:/mccc-union.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/05/MCCC_BHE_Day_Contract_2018-2021-final.pdf. Please refer to the New Hire Tables in the CBA for more information.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action:
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 20 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3479372
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.