Website Bristol Community College
Department: Administration and Finance-Business Services
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Sep 20, 2022
Closes: Sep 30, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 153446
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Storekeeper III
DEPARTMENT: Purchasing and Business Services
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Director of Purchasing and Business Services
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: May supervise part-time staff and work study student(s)
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Storekeeper III serves as the storekeeper and shipper/receiver for the college. This individual also oversees the operations of the college’s loading dock and storeroom, including but not limited to receiving, delivering, storing, tracking, issuing, and shipping packages and performing related work as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Unpack and examine incoming goods to verify quality, quantity, and condition of goods.
• Store goods, supplies and equipment appropriately.
• Tag items utilizing inventory software program.
• Issue supplies, materials and equipment to users in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintain records and logs of items received and delivered utilizing shipping/receiving software program.
• Take physical inventory of supplies, furniture and equipment to determine actual amounts on-hand; review and reconcile stock records; place orders to replenish stock.
• Review requisitions, orders and other documents to determine resources required to meet shipping and receiving needs as well as availability of goods and ensure accuracy and completeness of documents.
• Determine space requirements and methods of storage for storeroom articles.
• Provide technical assistance to employees on the methods to be used for storing, receiving, shipping and handling storeroom items.
• Dispose of hazardous materials (i.e., bleach, oil, battery acid, insecticide) including completion of appropriate documentation.
• Maintain relationship with vendors and suppliers to exchange information and resolve problems.
• Drive a college vehicle to transport materials and equipment to other locations on campus or between campuses as needed.
• Oversee activities of part-time employees or Work Study in storeroom in loading, unloading, storing and distributing materials and equipment; provide training as necessary.
• Load and unload items to and from trucks.
• Maintain appearance of storeroom and loading dock.
• Transport materials and equipment to other locations.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to shipping and receiving procedures.
• Make recommendations for improvements and distribution.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which may include but is not limited to occasional coverage for the Mailroom.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in storekeeping work in a storeroom, stockroom or warehouse, the major duties of which included receiving, storing and issuing supplies and equipment.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of standard storekeeping methods and practices, including the receipt, storage, issuance and delivery of varied stock items, including perishable goods.
• Knowledge of the principles and methods of inventory control of supplies and equipment, including the ability to utilize shipping/receiving and inventory software programs.
• Knowledge of proper storage methods such as palletizing, binning, etc.
• Knowledge of the standard methods for handling and storing hazardous products and fragile, durable and perishable goods.
• Knowledge of the principles and methods of inventory control.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of supervision.
• Skill in the operation of materials handling equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, dollies, etc.
• Valid driver’s license required to operate a motor vehicle.
• Requires physical stamina and endurance, including the ability to lift and carry heavy objects and to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Understand and apply the laws, rules, policies and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
• Follow and give verbal and written instructions.
• Read, write and comprehend the English language.
• Assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
• Work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols.
• Perform arithmetical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) with speed and accuracy.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
• Deal tactfully with others.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Demonstrated competency in basic computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, state funded, AFSCME, unit-classified position with benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specspers/Storekeeper%20Series.doc
SALARY: AFSCME Unit II, Grade 13, Step 1 $43,351.36 annually. Appointments from outside the bargaining unit begin at Step 1.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3469392
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.