Web Content Specialist
Website Bristol Community College
Web Content Specialist
Department: Marketing & Communications
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Mar 7, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 159771
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Web Content Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Communications
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Marketing & Communications
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Web Content Specialist is responsible for generating quality content that will attract and inform visitors to BristolCC.edu. With experience balancing web content strategy with the college’s marketing strategy, the Web Content Specialist works with college stakeholders to develop short- and long-term strategies for the website, including but not limited to the development of content and ongoing monitoring of the website’s traffic and search engine rankings. This individual also takes ownership of communicating college guidelines, policies, and procedures regarding web use and design while ensuring web accessibility standards are followed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead website content development and maintenance, including, but not limited to, writing original content that is informative, accurate, and compelling to target audiences; consult with subject matter experts to ensure content is clear, concise, relevant, and current.
• Manage the content management system, including maintaining organized taxonomies through the creation, publication, and archiving life cycle.
• Verify/test content, paying close attention to detail.
• Serve as the liaison with content owners across the college to review/approve changes.
• Provide user training, troubleshooting, and ongoing user support as it relates to the website.
• Ensure website meets web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG).
• Create a system to continuously review content, including, but not limited to, developing and implementing consistent review schedules and assigning responsibilities across the college.
• Expand Bristol’s presence across multi-channel digital initiatives and understand how to leverage the web as a customer engagement, demand generation, marketing, and retention tool.
• Monitor industry trends and upcoming technology, channels, and online marketing strategies for new opportunities for the college. Make investment suggestions in web applications such as widgets, plug-ins, and new media.
• Monitor, analyze, and report on digital key performance indicators (KPIs) and best practices; work in conjunction with Director of Marketing to perform analysis of campaign performance/results.
• Interface with the Marketing & Communications team to strategize cross-functional opportunities in advertising, social media, web/digital content, and public relations plans.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.*
• Minimum of three (3) years of related experience, which may include web/digital management and/or inbound marketing experience with demonstrated success optimizing content.*
• *An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience shall be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency with website content management tools, such as HubSpot or WordPress.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Demonstrated experience with HTML and CSS.
• Demonstrated experience in SEO and assessing Google Analytics, A/B testing software, or other tools to measure and manage site engagement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proofreading and an eye for layout.
• Proven ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and manage differing points of views across broad sets of stakeholders.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Demonstrated understanding audio and video streaming, editing, and online media delivery technologies.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Degree in marketing, English, communications, computer science or related field.
• Demonstrated experience with Modern Campus/OmniUpdate web content management tool.
• Demonstrated work experience in higher education.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of access, equity, and student success practices.
• Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
• Demonstrated skill with digital KPIs and best practices, as well as analytic skills and a return-on-investment mindset.
• Knowledge in the integration of social media tools and platforms to websites and applications.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits.
SALARY: Hiring salary $60,000 – $65,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) A portfolio of work is required.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3987448
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.