Website Bristol Community College
Career & Technical Training & Professional Deve…
Economic & Business Development Instructors
Department: EBD – Economic & Business Development
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Sep 13, 2022
Closes: Jun 30, 2023 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 153165
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Career and Technical Training and Professional Development Instructor, Community Education (Evening Hours)
DEPARTMENT: Economic and Business Development – Business Solutions and Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Career & Technical Trainings and Special Programs
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Career and Technical Training and Professional Development Instructors are subject matter experts that are experienced professionals who will deliver programs and individualized courses including, but not limited to, career and technical training, short term training, professional development, and credentialing. These positions will primarily host training after business hours (Monday thru Friday between 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM), but may be hosted during the day, in the evening, or on weekends per market demand. Trainings may take place in face-to-face, hybrid, or online modalities at a Bristol Community College campus including but not limited to Attleboro, Taunton, Fall River, and New Bedford.
Bristol Community College’s Business Solutions and Partnerships provides high quality, market-responsive training and professional development to support the evolving economic demands of the region. We serve the public and private sector and individuals striving to obtain employment by providing career-focused competencies and training opportunities for pathways into college and career.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as an instructor for the identified subject area within the Business Solutions and Partnerships portfolio of offerings.
• Develop curriculum and course materials in areas such as, but not limited to, one or more of the following:
• Certified Nursing Asst.
• Medical Office Record
• Home Health Aid
• Substance Abuse Counselors
• Pharmacy Tech
• Web Development
• Data Analytics
• Computer User support
• Information Security Analyst
• Network Support Admin
• Leadership and Entrepreneurship
• Project Management
• MS Office 365/Suite
• Human Resources
• Grant Writing
• Real Estate
• Medical Interpreting
• Provide instruction in specified content areas including, but not limited to, courses, webinars, workshops, and individual and group training sessions in specified modalities including but not limited to face-to-face, hybrid, and virtual settings.
• Provide updates for the duration of the project to the Associate Director of Career & Technical Trainings to ensure contracted objectives and highest quality of customer service needs have been met with students and staff alike.
• Utilize formative and summative assessments to collect organizational and programmatic feedback on the course offerings, instruction and program modality.
• Manage and report all student attendance, grading, and other course-related records within the time frame set by the contract with Bristol’s Business Solutions and Partnerships.
• Submit weekly timesheets that reflect the contracted hours spent on specific project(s).
• Complete required college employee trainings such as, but not limited to, Title IX, FERPA, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Information Security.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree or related industry experience and credential in content area
• Demonstrated experience as an instructor/trainer in specified area of content.
• Demonstrated proficiency with technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office 365 applications and virtual meeting technology (e.g., Zoom, Teams, and GoToMeeting).
• Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills, using technology as a mode of presentation.
• Must have availability Monday through Friday between 5:00PM to 9:00PM.
• Demonstrated experience developing curriculum and customized trainings.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda and inclusion of access, equity and student success practices within a campus community.
• Certifications or licenses relative to the specified area of content, if applicable.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position
Career and Technical Training and Professional Development Instructors are contracted on an as needed basis. Courses may be offered in online, hybrid, or face-to-face modalities at Bristol’s locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton. Courses may be held during the day, in the evening, and on weekends, but typically are held during weekday business hours from 5:00 PM – 9:00PM.
SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:email@example.com or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position.
4) Those interviewed will be required to present a 15-minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3445611
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.