Website Bristol Community College
Clerk III, EEC Pathways Grant (Part Time)
Department: Academic Affairs-Behavioral & Social Sciences and Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jul 21, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 165032
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision of advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner. If you share a passion for helping students succeed and enjoy working in a community of innovative, inclusive, and collaborative colleagues, Bristol is the place for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). We also offer tuition waiver discounts at the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions. More information can be found on our http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Clerk III, EEC Pathways Grant (Part Time)
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral & Social Sciences and Education
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Dean, Behavioral & Social Sciences and Education or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provide clerical support to the Coordinator of the Early Childhood Education Pathways Grant. The incumbent is responsible for effective communication with faculty, staff, students, community, and general public as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate standard office equipment including PC’s, printers, copier, fax machine, and multi-line phone system.
• Utilize software applications to accurately produce grant support materials, reports, flyers, and brochures.
• As needed, assist in scheduling appointments and reserving rooms for Coordinator.
• Log and track various budget forms, request for expenditures, budget modifications, purchase orders, course requests, timesheets and travel vouchers.
• Distribute messages and mail to Coordinator.
• Attend and take notes for meetings.
• Reviews forms, lists, documents, correspondence and/or applications for accuracy and completeness.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A diploma as evidence of graduation from the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
II. A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience.*
III. A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized, non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
IV. A diploma for completion of a two-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Communicate and work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
• Accept direction and follow written and oral instructions.
• Provide courteous customer service, as well as knowledge of proper telephone procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive and confidential material.
• Assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to track, log, and file documents in both physical and digital formats.
• Knowledge of clerical office practices and procedures including office record keeping, office correspondence control, the types and uses of office equipment and supplies and business letter preparation.
• Ability to give written and oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner.
• Ability to determine the proper format and procedure for assembling items of information.
Associate degree preferred.
Demonstrated proficient experience with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Zoom, and Teams, and ability to produce the following:
• Mail merges
• Pivot tables
• Creating/scheduling meetings
• Experience with Banner and Argos systems.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, 18.5 hours per week, grant funded position without benefits.
WORK SCHEDULE: TBD
SALARY: $20.27 per hour
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Officer, Emmanuel Echevarria at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2682; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4548790
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.