Website Bristol Community College
Head Coach – Cross Country
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jun 15, 2021
Closes: Jul 15, 2021 – 11:59 PM EDT
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 132317
About Bristol Community College:
Join the Bristol community for work and life!
Bristol Community College (Bristol) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is one of the largest employers in the South Coast region and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision to change the world by changing lives, learner by learner. Our employees work collaboratively across the college to ensure the practice of shared governance and transparency in helping to move the college towards comprehensive, innovative solutions, and to empower and meet the needs of our always evolving Bristol community. If you share a passion for helping a diverse student body succeed and enjoy a fast-paced, inclusive, and gratifying work environment, Bristol is the employer for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers benefitted employees a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement, flexible spending, and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). Tuition waiver discounts for Bristol and the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions are available for benefitted positions and certain non-benefited positions. Non-benefited positions are eligible for a retirement fund, paid time off (sick pay), as well as savings plans (available to all non-student employees). More information can be found on our http://bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Head Coach – Cross Country
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics and Recreation
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Cross Country is responsible for administration of all phases of an NJCAA Division III cross country program, including but not limited to recruiting student-athletes, organizing and training athletes for successful competition, monitoring and supporting the academic success of the student-athletes, completing related administrative duties, and planning and conducting pre- and post-season conditioning programs. This is a professional head coaching position; therefore, all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NJCAA, Region XXI, other state, local, and federal obligations, and Bristol Community College. Please note that the season is subject to change as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet designated roster goals established in collaboration with the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Collaborate with the department’s Athletics Recruiter to identify and guide prospective students through the enrollment process.
• Report information on prospective student-athlete interest to the Athletics Recruiter.
• Establish a comprehensive list of prospective student-athletes through the development of relationships with high school cross country coaches.
• Contact prospective student-athletes about attending Bristol Community College.
• Attend Bristol Community College family nights and other on-campus recruiting events.
• Collaborate with the department’s Student-Athlete Academic Coordinator to ensure student-athletes are meeting regularly with their advisor and utilizing academic initiatives.
• Motivate and provide mentorship and advice to prepare student-athletes in the classroom.
• Promote academic success through a commitment to class attendance, academic achievement, and graduation.
• Communicate high academic standards within the cross country program.
• Organize, prepare, and conduct team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition.
• Direct, motivate, and advise student-athletes to prepare for competition.
• Establish individual and student-athlete goals.
• Establish and enforce team and college policies.
• Effectively communicate proper techniques, fundamentals, and team strategies.
• Represent the college in a positive manner by demonstrating good sportsmanship and collegiality.
• Study the field and remain up-to-date on the latest trends of cross country instruction.
• Use lessons in sport as a platform for overall student-development.
• Schedule cross country meets.
• Develop relationships with four-year coaches and implement a plan to assist student-athletes in transferring.
• Demonstrate an understanding and adhere to NJCAA eligibility and compliance.
• Report facility issues to the Director of Athletics and Recreation in a timely manner.
• Submit uniform and equipment requests to the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Coordinate fundraising initiatives for the cross country program, in collaboration with the college’s Development office.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of an Associate degree required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in coaching high school or intercollegiate cross country or other related sports.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of recruitment and student-athlete development.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience coaching cross country at the intercollegiate level.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Front Rush recruiting software.
• Experience recruiting student-athletes in a community college setting.
• Strong ability to build relationships within our recruitment area.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted position, not to exceed 18.5 hours per week.
EXPECTED START DATE: August 1, 2021
SALARY: $3,000 per season. Amount may be pro-rated depending on start date.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants for 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
Bristol Community College is an http://www.bristolcc.edu/about/policiesdisclosureslegalstatements/consumerpolicies/equalopportunitynon-discriminationnotice/. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2310668
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.