Website Bristol Community College
Head Coach – Women’s Basketball (part-time)
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: May 19, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 147868
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Head Coach – Women’s Basketball (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
PRIMARY LOCATION: Taunton Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics and Recreation
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Head Coach – Women’s Basketball is responsible for the administration of all phases of an NJCAA Division III Women’s Basketball program including, but not limited to: recruiting quality student-athletes; organizing and training athletes for successful competition; monitoring and supporting the academic success of the student-athletes; planning and conducting pre- and post-season conditioning programs; scheduling; fundraising; as well as promoting the program on-campus and in the local community. This is a professional head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NJCAA, Region XXI, and Bristol Community College.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet designated roster goals in collaboration with Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Collaborate with the department’s Athletics Recruiter to identify and guide prospective students through the enrollment process.
• Report information on prospective student-athlete interest to the Athletics Recruiter.
• Establish a comprehensive list of prospective student-athletes and regularly contact prospective student-athletes about attending Bristol Community College consistent with internal departmental procedures.
• Attend Bristol Community College family nights and other on-campus recruiting events.
• Collaboratively work with the department’s Student-Athlete Academic Coordinator to ensure women’s basketball student-athletes are meeting regularly with their advisor and engaging in student development and support initiatives.
• Motivate and provide mentorship and advice to prepare student-athletes in the classroom.
• Promote academic success through a commitment to class attendance, academic achievement, and graduation.
• Communicate high academic standards within the women’s basketball program.
• Organize, prepare and conduct team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition.
• Direct, motivate, and advise student-athletes to prepare for competition.
• Establish program and student-athlete goals.
• Establish and enforce team and college policies.
• Effectively communicate proper techniques, fundamentals, and team strategies.
• Represent the college in a positive manner by demonstrating good sportsmanship and collegiality.
• Study the field and remain up-to-date on the latest trends of basketball instruction.
• Use lessons in sport as a platform for overall student-development.
• Hire, train, and supervise a part-time assistant coach.
• Schedule non-region basketball contests in collaboration with the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Develop relationships with four-year coaches and implement a plan to assist women’s basketball student-athletes in transferring.
• Demonstrate an understanding and adhere to NJCAA eligibility and compliance, as well as applicable coach and student-athlete handbooks.
• Attend and participate in coaching staff meetings.
• Coordinate the distribution and completion of all women’s basketball student-athlete paperwork.
• Prepare and submit the women’s basketball tournament packet.
• Report facility issues to the Director of Athletics and Recreation in a timely manner.
• Manage women’s basketball uniform and equipment inventory and submit requests to the Director of Athletics and Recreation or designated representative.
• Coordinate fundraising initiatives for the women’s basketball program and meet annual fundraising goals, in collaboration with the college’s Development Office.
Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in coaching high school, AAU, or intercollegiate basketball.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Knowledge of recruitment and student-athlete development.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• Ability to provide a safe, healthy, and equitable environment for student-athletes, particularly during games and practices.
• Adherence to policies and procedures in regard to the safety and well-being of athletes and students.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.
• Ability to obtain CPR/AED certification.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience coaching at the intercollegiate level.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Front Rush recruiting software.
• Experience recruiting student-athletes in a community college setting.
• Strong ability to build relationships within our recruitment area.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted position, not to exceed 16.5 hours per week.
EXPECTED START DATE: July 2022
SALARY: $7,000 per season. Amount may be pro-rated depending on start date.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions. Additionally, this position requires a motor vehicle/driving record check.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3122343
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.