Website Bristol Community College
Residential Supervisor, Upward Bound Program (t…
Department: SSEM-TRiO Programs
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: May 6, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 147323
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Residential Supervisor, Upward Bound Program (temporary)
DEPARTMENT: TRIO Program/Student Services and Enrollment Management
PRIMARY LOCATION: A college/university (to be determined) located within a 30-mile radius of Bristol’s Fall River Campus
POSITION STATUS: This is a temporary, grant-funded, non-unit, non-benefitted position. The duration of this position is expected to be June 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022, subject to change. Dates include additional orientation and program close-out days. Residency is required Sunday evenings through Friday afternoons.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of the Upward Bound Program
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Tutor/Counselors for Upward Bound Program
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Upward Bound Program is a federally funded program to assist approximately 77 college-bound high school students who are low income and/or will be the first generation in their families to enter college. The students, who are from Fall River public schools, receive rigorous academic instruction and advisement to prepare for success in college.
The Residential Supervisor provides full-time residential supervision in a six-week summer program, with an additional week for orientation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee all dormitory operations in conjunction with Assistant Director.
• Enforce all Upward Bound rules and regulations.
• Ensure safety and security of students and staff residing in the dormitory.
• Coordinate recreational and program activities, including field trips.
• Monitor disciplinary procedures, study hall and staff schedules.
• Maintain accurate attendance records at residence hall activities, meal times and events.
• Handle, document and interact with attendees with regard to disciplinary needs.
• Provide written updates and meet daily with Assistant Director.
• Participate in all orientation, final weekend staff meetings, and awards ceremony.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years of experience working with low-income and first-generation youth.
• Minimum of one year of experience with residence hall supervision or related experience.
• Demonstrated experience with coordination of student services and residential life.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain and organize records.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as required.?
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/ Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Google, Zoom, or similar digital platforms.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
SALARY: $3,800, including free room and board. This will be paid in bi-weekly installments for the duration of the program.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3154448
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.