Website Center for the Study of Slavery and Justice at Brown University
A scholarly research center with a public humanities mission
The Center for the Study of Slavery and Justice (CSSJ) is a scholarly research and public humanities Center at Brown University that supports and generates rigorous and accessible research, performance, art and scholarship on a broad range of pressing issues related to understanding the issues and legacies of racial slavery and the making of the of the modern world in order to make a difference.
The Administrative Coordinator will provide high-level administrative support to the Center for the Study of Slavery & Justice (CSSJ) by supporting the Center’s programming and operations. The Administrative Coordinator serves as the liaison between the CSSJ and other departments responsible for determining University-wide policy, procedures, and services (e.g., Dean of the College, Dean of the Faculty, Controller’s Office, Budget Office, Facilities, etc.). The Administrative Coordinator will help coordinate logistics for major initiatives, and should have sufficient understanding of the CSSJ’s programs, services, processes, and resources required to manage day-to-day operations and to play a role in assisting the leadership team with short and long term planning.
- Associates degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of related administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in an academic or non-profit setting, preferred.
- Prior financial experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-focused, customer service oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with event planning and scheduling
- Works independently and uses judgment and discretion
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly shifting environment with tight deadlines and high volume of activity
- Excellent administrative and organization skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google platforms
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
To apply for this job please visit brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.