Website Dorcas International Institute of RI
Do you enjoy teaching adult learners from multiple backgrounds and making a difference in their lives? If so, then perhaps Dorcas International is the place for you. We are hiring for the 2021-2022 academic year.
For 100 years, Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island has helped new arrivals and those with cultural and language barriers to achieve autonomy through education, employment services, refugee resettlement, family literacy, interpreting and translating, and immigration and citizenship services.
The ESL Teacher will be responsible for teaching different levels classes. Plan lessons and curriculum based on the learning needs of culturally diverse students and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning. The ESL teacher will: counsel students regarding instruction and program services, monitor, measure and improve student performance. This position requires the ability to make routine decisions regarding the everyday operation of the classes assigned and complete and maintain appropriate student records including attendance, and goal accomplishments, accurately and on a timely basis. We will be offering in-person, online, and hybrid classes. Our class offering range from the morning, afternoon, evening, and Saturday.
The candidate should have the following:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
• At least two years of teaching experience with adult learners preferred
• TESOL training or comparable certification preferred for teaching ESL classes
• Knowledgeable of CASAS competencies and testing
• Subject matter expertise/experience in specific content areas
• Ability to relate well to groups of students of differing abilities and backgrounds
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and through correct written grammar and usage
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues individually and as a team
• Ability to build a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the interests of students
• Ability to engage learners with creative and stimulating instruction
• Ability to integrate and use technology for instructional and educational purposes
Why should you apply?
• Range of professional opportunities in a growing organization
• Generous employer-paid health & dental benefits
• Generous paid vacation, sick days, and personal leave in addition to 12 paid holidays
• Employer Paid 403b Retirement and Life Insurance
• Hourly Rate $21.00
• Part-time or full-time position available
• We offer morning, afternoon, evening, and Saturday classes
• We will be offering in-person, online, and hybrid classes
Interested applicants should send Resumes and Cover Letter by 06/30/2021 to Human Resources at Hr@diiri.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com