Website East Bay Community Action Program
East Bay Community Action Program (EBCP) is seeking a Staff Accountant Senior at 19 Broadway Under the direction of the Director of Accounting, assist/maintain/reconcile general ledger accounts and activity; prepare monthly financial reports required per the terms and conditions of Federal, State and other funding sources. Work with Directors of Finance and department/program managers to prepare grant and departmental budgets/projections and monitor budget vs. actual activity.
EBCAP is offering a two-step sign-on bonus totaling $2,500 for external applicants.
- Prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheets, revenue, expense statements, etc., utilizing EBCAP’s computer-based accounting system (currently MIP Fund Accounting – Abila) or as needed. Review with the CFO, Director of Accounting, Finance Director, and Staff Accountant as well as Senior Leadership and Program Directors, Managers, and staff as needed.
- Review accounts receivable reports, and contact funding agencies for unpaid invoices.
- Prepare grant reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis as appropriate to monitor budget/actual results by expense category and in compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant.
- Assist Federal, State, and Funding Source auditors/fiscal reviewers during grant site visits with requested information/ documentation.
- Enter Head Start and Early Head Start budget in the office of enterprise system which is designed to serve as a consolidated and comprehensive repository for reliable data about OHS (Office of Head Start) grantees and program operations.
A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in accounting, finance, or another related business discipline with a minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience in grant compliance and reporting. Knowledge of OMB 2 CFR Part 200-Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
For Full-Time Employees Working 30 – 40 hours per week, EBCAP provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes heavily subsidized medical and dental insurance plans (BCBSRI), supplemental vision insurance, voluntary medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, up to 3% company matching 403(b) retirement plan, employer-paid life insurance & long term disability, generous paid time off that includes vacation/holidays/personal days/sick time, mileage reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, opportunities for center-paid training/CEUs, employee assistance program, and more!
EBCAP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to providing a diverse work environment.
To apply for this job please visit ebcap.clearcompany.com.