Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician Head Start $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
East Bay Community Action Program (EBCAP) is seeking a part-time Independent Licensed Clinician for our Kids Connect Program for our Head Start programs located in the Upper Bay and Lower Bay. The child/family-focused clinician will assess and create holistic, therapeutic, and integration assessments, and create and implement classroom plans for children eligible for the Kids Connect Program funded by the RI Department of Human Services. We need caring, competent, individuals to join our growing multidisciplinary team and make real differences in the lives of children and their families.
EBCAP is offering a two-step sign-on bonus totaling $1,000 for external applicants.
The clinician will work collaboratively with the teachers and support staff within the classroom through observation and consultation to address the child’s needs and to create a physical and cultural learning environment that promotes positive mental health, social and emotional support, and education. Will provide a wide range of age-appropriate behavioral health services to children and their families enrolled in the Head Start/Early Head Start programs at EBCAP. Will coordinate and refer to outside agencies as needed.
– Assist the program to implement strategies to identify and support children with mental health and social and emotional concerns. (Head Start Standard)
– Provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, coordination of services, continuing evaluations of behavioral health, addictive disorders, trauma-related issues, and discharge planning.
– Responsible to maintain clinical documentation including initial assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan, and progress notes; ongoing maintenance of client clinical files as designated by the agency, state, and federal guidelines.
– Record all clinical transactions and documentation in the organization’s electronic medical record System (NextGen).
-Assist teachers, including family childcare providers, to improve classroom management and teacher practices through strategies that include using classroom observations and consultations to address teacher and individual child needs and creating physical and cultural environments that promote positive mental health and social and emotional functioning. (Head Start Standard)
– Assist staff to address prevalent child mental health concerns, including internalizing problems such as appearing withdrawn and externalizing problems such as challenging behaviors. (Head Start Standard)
– Assist in helping both parents and staff to understand mental health and access mental health interventions if needed. (Head Start Standard)
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION: MSW/MA in clinical psychology, social work, and behavioral health field with independent licensure (LICSW, LMHC).
For Part-Time Employees Working 16 – 29 hours per week, EBCAP provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes up to 3% company matching 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off that includes vacation/holidays/sick time, voluntary medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, mileage reimbursement, opportunities for center-paid training/CEU’s, employee assistance program, and more!
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at East Bay Community Action Program.
EBCAP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to providing a diverse work environment.
To apply for this job please visit ebcap.clearcompany.com.