East Bay Community Action Program (EBCAP) is seeking a full-time Early Childhood Education and Internship Coordinator. To oversee the coordination of an in-house paid training and internship program that serves as a starting point for the EBCAP early childhood career path program. Training will include activities and information to ensure compliance with and implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards and Rhode Island Child Care Center Regulations for Licensing. Activities and information will use the following standards, policies, and procedures as a framework for successful training outcomes:
EBCAP is offering a two-step sign on bonus totaling $2,500 for external applicants.
– Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards.
– Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework.
– Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold (TSG) Online Assessment Portfolio.
– Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS).
– Incredible Years Classroom Behavioral Management System.
– Rhode Island Association for Infant Mental Health Endorsement.
– RI Workforce Knowledge and Competencies for Early Childhood Education
– And others as identified.
Provide interns with support and guidance to create a developmentally appropriate environment to ensure that all children have the opportunity for a high-quality, nurturing, and safe learning experience. Provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation of interns to ensure that all EBCAP policies and procedures are followed consistently.
-Oversee hiring activities to interview intern applicants and selection of individuals who meet job requirements.
– Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure applicants complete pre-employment required documents and meet screening criteria.
– Provide direct training and support to interns to successfully complete orientation activities
-Oversee interns’ successful completion of online training activities
– Provide direct training and support to interns to successfully complete Training Lab activities, including classroom responsibilities and client interaction.
– Oversee directed classroom observation activities
– Coordinate classroom placement schedule for internship experience
– Oversee and monitor the evaluation of classroom internship activities
Knowledge Of And Proficiency In:
– Good communication, reading, writing, and analytical skills are required.
– Ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents, children, community representatives, and volunteers in a professional and respectful manner.
– Bi-lingual ability is a plus.
– Demonstrated supervisory/management experience.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
– Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field such as Child Development, Elementary Education, or Special Education with 24 credits in Early Childhood Early Education from an accredited or approved institution of higher education.
– Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, trained on Practice-Based Coaching and the TLC model of coaching a plus.
– Other combinations of education and experience will be considered
– Bi-lingual/bi-cultural applicant preferred
For Full-Time Employees Working 30 – 40 hours per week, EBCAP provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes heavily subsidized medical and dental insurance plans (BCBSRI), supplemental vision insurance, voluntary medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, up to 3% of company matching 403(b) retirement plan, employer-paid life insurance & long term disability, generous paid time off that includes vacation/holidays/personal days/sick time, mileage reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, opportunities for center-paid training/CEUs, employee assistance program.
EBCAP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to providing a diverse work environment.
To apply for this job please visit ebcap.clearcompany.com.