Website East Bay Community Action Program
East Bay Community Action program seeks a Full-Time Nutrition Specialist for our Head Start program. The candidate will provide on-site monitoring of the nutrition and food service needs of the children enrolled in the centers by Federal and State Standards and Regulations in compliance with the goals, objectives, and mission of the Head Start and Early Head Start Programs.
EBCAP is offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus!
- Coordinate, implement, and ensure compliance with the CACFP Nutrition Program for Head Start and Early Head Start Programs.
- Conduct required CACFP monitoring for all centers.
- Monitor and review daily delivery of meals and menus provided by caterers, including delivery of substitute meals for children with special diets. Communicate any issues to the caterer in a timely fashion to avoid health issues, compliance issues, or unnecessary billing to the program.
- Participate in care coordination meetings to offer knowledge and guidance around the nutritional well-being of children.
- Counsel parents regarding individual dietary concerns or needs for their child and provide written literature when appropriate
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- BS in Nutrition.
- Food Safety Manager Certification or obtain within 6 months of hire
- CPR and First Aid certification or obtain within 6 months of hire
For Full-Time Employees Working 30 – 40 hours per week, EBCAP provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes heavily subsidized medical and dental insurance plans (BCBSRI), supplemental vision insurance, voluntary medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, up to 3% of company matching 403(b) retirement plan, employer-paid life insurance & long term disability, generous paid time off that includes vacation/holidays/personal days/sick time, mileage reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, opportunities for center-paid training/CEUs, employee assistance program.
EBCAP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to providing a diverse work environment.
To apply for this job please visit ebcap.clearcompany.com.