Website Genesis Center
The Project Navigator is responsible for coordinating an 18-month Multigenerational/Family Literacy Project and providing case management and small group facilitation to participants. The Project Navigator will support the learning facilitators who will be delivering the ESOL and ABE components of the training. The navigator will also work closely with the project coordinator at a partner agency. This is a grant-funded project but may continue beyond the initial duration of the 18-month project. Because this is a family literacy project, familiarity working with diverse adults and knowledge of the K-12 school system is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Coordinate class schedules, locations and supplies with ESOL and ABE teachers.
Work with representative from partner agency to coordinate program activities.
- Assist Enrollment Department in the recruitment and enrollment of participants who meet the criteria of living in the 02908 or 02908 zip codes and have at least one child 8 or under.
- Provide case management services to program participants, including conducting needs assessments and making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitate peer groups of adult participants.
- Ensure attendance records and other required documentation are completed.
- Attend online meetings with teachers, partner agency staff and other Genesis Center staff, as required.
Performs other duties as needed.
Qualifications: (includes professional & legal standards, knowledge, skills and demonstrated abilities required)
- Experience in the K-12 education system.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the Genesis Center mission; understanding and appreciation of special problems and stressors of refugee and immigrant families; and respect for cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and to be flexible and accept change.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of work.
- Ability to prioritize, organize & control workflow and manage data for timely and accurate completion of projects.
Hours & Attendance Requirements:
This is a full-time position, estimated at 37.5 hours per week. Continuation beyond the initial 18-month grant is contingent upon funding.
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 with benefits
To apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com
This description is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of a supervisor to assign, direct, or contract work as needed. Management may add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Genesis Center values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Genesis Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org