Website Bristol Community College
Bristol Student Ambassador (part-time)
Department: SSEM-Student and Family Engagement
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 137394
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Bristol Student Ambassador (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Student & Family Engagement
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Student & Family Engagement
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Bristol Student Ambassador program in the Office of Student & Family Engagement offers a fun and engaging role for students who have been enrolled for at least one semester at Bristol. Student Ambassadors will play an important role throughout the beginning of the semester, welcoming students to campus and helping them navigate the many resources available at Bristol. Duties may include, but are not limited to, welcoming students to campus, staffing event tables, organizing small-scale programming for student engagement, supporting engagement on social media platforms, and serving as an in-person presence at the Student & Family Engagement office.
Ambassadors will serve as knowledgeable guides and positive peer role models. There will be opportunities to work collaboratively with a variety of offices on campus, for example; the Student Success Center, Multicultural Center, Women’s Center and Veterans Center. Ambassadors may work up to 10 hours per week during the academic year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as an in-person greeter for main campus buildings.
• Direct students to offices and resources depending on needs.
• Maintain an understanding of Bristol resources and offices on campus.
• Promote Bristol via our social media platforms.
• Assist with campus engagement events; attend engagement events as requested.
• Regularly monitor the Bristol Mobile App to assist students with questions and offer support.
• Submit electronic timesheet in Self Service Time & Attendance (SSTA) weekly, or paper timesheet, if required for payroll purposes.
• Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be a currently enrolled Bristol Community College student in good academic and conduct standing.
• Must have completed at least one semester at Bristol.
• Must have completed the online New Student Orientation.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to explain concepts to others clearly.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Bristol Community College is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 2022.
• Demonstrated familiarity with Bristol resources available to students.
• Experience working with college students and/or the communities we serve.
• Experience using social media platforms.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted position. These positions are subject to grant appropriations. Student Ambassadors may work up to a maximum of 10 hours per week during the academic year.
Student Ambassadors are hired on an as needed basis.
SALARY: $13.50 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022, AT WHICH TIME APPLICANTS SEEKING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume.
3) A cover letter which explains why you are interested in this position.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2527450
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.