Website Bristol Community College
Head Coach – Esports
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jan 12, 2022
Closes: Jan 22, 2022 – 11:59 PM EST
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 141461
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is a public community college accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and annually serves more than 11,000 credit students and 18,000 students who participate in noncredit activities. Bristol has core values rooted in collaboration, communication, inclusion, innovation, respect and student success. For more than 50 years, Bristol has served as a leading resource for education and economic development in the region. Bristol offers a rich variety of degree, certificate, and training programs along with flexible online offerings that lead to an associate degree, a career-ready certificate, or the ability to transfer to baccalaureate colleges throughout the state and country. Bristol’s Business Solutions & Partnerships area provides customized training for businesses and the community. The college also strives to put the needs of learners first with support services and career advancement opportunities that lead to student success by reducing barriers to educational access.
With locations in Attleboro, Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, Bristol Community College is nestled in charming Southeastern Massachusetts. Each location has something unique to offer – from great restaurants in the city center of Attleboro, museums and history in downtown New Bedford, to the beautiful suburban landscape at the Fall River campus and the array of shopping and dining options in Taunton. From city life to seaside, Bristol Community College locations are in close proximity to bustling metro areas such as Boston and Providence, and centrally located to the spectacular beaches and coastline of Cape Cod, Newport, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and Block Island.
Bristol Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We value diversity and equity, and are committed to creating an all-inclusive community free from discrimination and harassment. Bristol believes that diversity, equity and inclusion among our community members is imperative to the success of our mission to serve our students well, and is the mainstay of our values.
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
POSITION TITLE: Head Coach – Esports
DEPARTMENT: Athletics and Recreation
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River; this position may be eligible for a hybrid telework schedule in line with the college’s telework policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics and Recreation
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Head Coach – Esports is responsible for administration of all phases of an Intercollegiate Esports program including, but not limited to: recruiting quality student-athletes; organizing and training athletes for successful competition in Rocket League, League of Legends and Overwatch; monitoring and supporting the academic success of the student-athletes; scheduling; fundraising; coordinating live streaming; as well as promoting the program on-campus and in the local community. This is a professional head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of all governing bodies, Region XXI, and Bristol Community College.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet designated roster goals in collaboration with Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Collaborate with the department’s Athletics Recruiter to identify and guide prospective students through the enrollment process.
• Report information on prospective student-athlete interest to the Athletics Recruiter.
• Establish a comprehensive list of prospective student-athletes and regularly contact them about attending Bristol Community College.
• Attend Bristol Community College family nights and other on-campus recruiting events.
• Collaboratively work with the department’s Student-Athlete Academic Coordinator to ensure Esports student-athletes are meeting regularly with their advisor and engaging in student development and support initiatives.
• Provide direction, motivation, and advice to prepare student-athletes in the classroom.
• Promote academic success through a commitment to class attendance, academic achievement, and graduation.
• Communicate high academic standards within the Esports program.
• Organize, prepare and conduct team practice sessions to train and prepare for competition.
• Direct, motivate, and advise student-athletes to prepare for competition.
• Establish program and student-athlete goals.
• Establish and enforce team and college policies.
• Effectively communicate proper techniques, fundamentals, and team strategies.
• Represent the college in a positive manner by demonstrating good sportsmanship and collegiality.
• Study the field and remain up-to-date on the latest trends of Esports instruction.
• Use lessons in sport as a platform for overall student-development.
• Schedule Esports contests in collaboration with the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Develop relationships with four-year coaches and implement a plan to assist students in transferring.
• Demonstrate an understanding and adhere to NJCAA eligibility and compliance, as well as applicable coach and student-athlete handbooks.
• Attend and participate in coaching staff meetings.
• Coordinate the distribution and completion of all Esports student-athlete paperwork.
• Manage online streaming of all Bristol Esports contests in adherence to conference and tournament policies.
• Manage Esports uniform and equipment inventory and submit requests to the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
• Coordinate fundraising initiatives for the Esports program and meet annual fundraising goals.
Focus on customer service best practices when working with Bristol community members, including faculty, staff, and students.
Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of an Associate degree required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience leading or coaching a club or intercollegiate team.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and Esports platforms, such as Discord and/or Twitch.
• Knowledge of recruitment and student-athlete development.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including Bristol Community College, require all employees to comply with the https://www.bristolcc.edu/together/vaccinationpolicyforemployees/. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Demonstrated experience leading or coaching an Esports team.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience coaching at the intercollegiate level.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Front Rush recruiting software.
• Experience recruiting student-athletes in a community college setting.
• Strong ability to build relationships within our recruitment area.
• Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or campus and community locations as necessary.
• Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefitted, up to 10 hours per week position. This position is contingent on FY2023 state budget appropriations.
EXPECTED START DATE: February 2022
SALARY: $2,000 per semester (Fall and Spring)
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Applications submitted within 10 calendar days of the posting date will receive priority consideration.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2776212
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.