Full-Time Faculty – Human Services
Website Bristol Community College
Full-Time Faculty – Human Services
Department: Academic Affairs-Behavioral & Social Sciences and Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Jan 23, 2023
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 158174
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision of advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner. If you share a passion for helping students succeed and enjoy working in a community of innovative, inclusive, and collaborative colleagues, Bristol is the place for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). We also offer tuition waiver discounts at the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions. More information can be found on our http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Full-Time Faculty – Human Services (Tenure-Track; Open Rank – Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor)
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral & Social Sciences and Education
REPORTS TO: Dean, Behavioral & Social Sciences and Education or designee
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Full-Time Faculty – Human Services will teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of Human Services courses, which may include, but are not limited to the list found online in the https://catalog.bristolcc.edu/. Courses may be held in the classroom at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro, and Taunton locations; in the hybrid or online environment; and/or via other modalities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach a full-time (15 credit hours per semester) schedule of Human Services courses.
• Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and student learning outcomes and General Education competencies as appropriate, according to the teaching modality of the course (online, face-to-face, hybrid, etc.)
• Foster student success across the college’s diverse student body, and address equity gaps, through innovative teaching and learning approaches as well as curriculum development.
• Incorporate High-Impact Practices (HIPs) into curricular and pedagogical approaches, with emphasis on HIPs that provide students with real-world experiences such as Service-Learning and internship opportunities.
• Serve as academic advisor to assigned students.
• Post and maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week.
• Develop appropriate discipline-related courses.
• Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
• Attend program, department, academic area, all-college and committee/council meetings.
• Recommend suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions.
• Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes.
• Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues, to teach online as needed, and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate.
• Engage in professional development activities through participation in conferences, workshops, seminars, and professional associations to maintain excellence in the discipline and in the classroom.
• Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Actively participate in the general college community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Perform other duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or related field.
• Minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in credit-bearing courses at the college level.
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in human services or related field.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and online teaching.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong experience in curricular planning and assessment, as well as demonstrated use of High Impact Practices, technologies, and inclusive pedagogy to enhance student learning.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Must submit to a background check (including Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)/Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI)) and may be required to submit to a drug screening as a condition of employment.
• LCSW or LICSW preferred.
• Experience in community college teaching, advising, and/or curriculum development.
• Demonstrated versatility in teaching a range of courses offered in the Human Services program, particularly in Clinical Interviewing; Social Welfare; and current scholarly trends in privilege, poverty, oppression and diversity.
• Evidence of work with community organizations.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Blackboard, Banner, Argos, and/or DegreeWorks, or equivalent platforms.
• Demonstrated experience working on committees and within teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to closing equity gaps.
• Knowledge of regional social service agencies.
• Active commitment to social justice issues.
• Evidence of scholarly work in Human Services.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, tenure track, MCCC/MTA unit position with benefits. This is an academic year position. The title of this position will be Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor, depending on the selected candidate’s experience.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2023
SALARY: Minimum hiring salary $47,620 – $58,553 – actual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and in accordance with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), which may result in a higher salary than the stated range. Please refer to the New Hire Tables in the CBA for more information.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:email@example.com or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 30 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
4) Those interviewed will be required to present a 20 minute teaching demonstration on a topic of the committee’s choice.
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3972891
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.