Instructional Support Technician (part-time)
Website Bristol Community College
Instructional Support Technician (part-time)
Department: EBD – Adult Education
Locations: Fall River, MA
Posted: Oct 14, 2022
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: Part Time Non Benefited
Position ID: 154503
About Bristol Community College:
Bristol Community College is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! Bristol is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment with a rich diversity of beliefs, cultures, languages, abilities, and lifestyles. Committed to enriching its educational experience through a supportive community, Bristol actively encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply and achieve our vision of advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner. If you share a passion for helping students succeed and enjoy working in a community of innovative, inclusive, and collaborative colleagues, Bristol is the place for you!
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employer, Bristol offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement and paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holiday pay). We also offer tuition waiver discounts at the Commonwealth’s public higher education institutions. More information can be found on our http://www.bristolcc.edu/bristolcommunity/facultystaff/humanresources/benefits/.
POSITION TITLE: Instructional Support Technician (part-time)
DEPARTMENT: Economic and Business Development, Adult Education
PRIMARY LOCATION: Fall River
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Adult Education
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Instructional Support Technician will support the Adult Education program by coordinating the circulation and use of technology in the teaching and learning processes and academic and career readiness curriculum. The Instructional Support Technician will design and provide instruction to students on developing digital literacy competencies, which will enable them to be better prepared for futures in the college and/or career environments. Instruction may be delivered in person or remotely. They will also instruct Adult Education staff regarding utilization of emerging technologies and blended learning models to deepen and extend learning for students.
The Technician will support the hardware and software needs of the program and promote the use of cloud-based technology for collaborative planning among staff and collaborative learning among students. This will enable staff to utilize Bristol’s technology tools, including but not limited to the college’s Learning Management System, Blackboard, which will allow them to build online components for classes so that students may access course materials for review, online study, and to catch up on missed classes.
The Technician will also facilitate the use of social media among program staff and students to promote retention and persistence among students and to market the program, as well as to support students in identifying and transitioning to their next steps at Bristol and beyond.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide in-person and remote technology support and assistance to Adult Education staff and students in day and evening programs.
• Provide instruction to Adult Education staff on use of technology to design lessons, as well as use technology for effective teaching and learning in the classroom setting.
• Make recommendations and oversee the application of software products and online resources throughout the program.
• Plan coursework and instruct students on digital literacy topics including basic computer skills, email use, internet skills, Microsoft Office, information literacy, social media, and instructional software.
• Maintain the Adult Education social media presence, including but not limited to creating new posts that follow best practices, replying to comments, and assisting social media ambassadors from other campuses to do the same.
• Prepare and distribute lab schedules; work with staff to maintain student computer records.
• Attend and participate in staff/program meetings.
• Remain current on educational technology topics and tools through professional development activities.
• Provide assistance with additional educational projects related to the program as necessary.
• Demonstrate professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol’s core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
• Focus on the Commonwealth’s Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
• Complete required trainings such as, but not limited to, Title IX, FERPA, Bloodborne Pathogens and Information Security.
• Perform other related duties as assigned, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
• One of the following education and experience requirements must be met. Please note that an equivalent combination of education, training and experience shall be considered.
• Minimum of an Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field and one (1) year of experience and/or training involving multimedia training/support, computer operations, audio/visual systems, and video production.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field and six (6) months of experience and/or training involving multimedia training/support, computer operations, audio/visual systems, and video production.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting an individual’s acquisition of digital literacy skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of blended learning models, instructional/technology design principles, Microsoft Windows platform, and networking technology.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Demonstrated proficiency with basic hardware maintenance, including printers, cameras, and scanners.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel to and from meetings, trainings, or worksites as required.
• The ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body with varying educational skill levels.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, which requires evening hours.
• COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As of January 2022, candidates for employment should be aware that Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
• Minimum of ten (10) months of experience instructing others in use of software/digital tools/technologies.
• Demonstrated experience providing technology-use instruction to instructional staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media, including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
• Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee must meet the physical demands and work environment of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
POSITION STATUS: This is an MCCC/MTA, part time, grant funded, non-benefitted, up to 18 hours per week unit position. Weekly schedule is negotiable based upon applicant availability and class schedules. Day and evening hours will be required. This position is subject to grant budget appropriations.
SALARY: $30.03 per hour.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Bristol Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, TitleVII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Title IX & Equity Compliance Officer, Gia Sanchez at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 774.357.2264; the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination; the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
TO APPLY: Please complete our online application by clicking on the “Apply” button. The position will be open to applicants until filled. Review of applications will begin 10 calendar days from the posting date.
REQUIREMENTS TO COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1) A completed Bristol Community College Employment Application.
2) A current resume/curriculum vitae.
3) A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the desired and required qualifications of the position (not limited in length).
All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Bristol Community College is an institution that does not sponsor work authorization.
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted for all positions.
The college will independently verify education credentials as provided on the application. For certain positions that require a college degree, the hired candidate must supply official transcripts upon hire. Transcripts must include your name and degrees conferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3972653
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.